Number plate clips - help

garethdj

Reaction score
So I'm probably doing something daft here but ordered some number number plate clips from progressive parts to replace me old ones, as they hooked around to the front of the plate so are slightly visible.

Both new clips attached to the plate and the old one at the top, picture attached for reference.

For the life of me I can't get these to fit in the honeycomb because of the solid bit of plastic that sits behind where the number plate goes, again pictured.

What am I doing wrong?!
ef13cce556c1f8e4139fd7de460f6eed.jpg
68b1da84f0ebceb3f449171bd896ac95.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I've not used them myself but do you have to just apply some pressure to squeeze the loops together so they pass through the grill? Then once through they'll "expand" again, securing it in place?

Contacted them and they basically said it won't fit as the crash bar cover has to be removed. Returning it as the advert wasn't clear, back to the old ones!

Contacted them and they basically said it won't fit as the crash bar cover has to be removed. Returning it as the advert wasn't clear, back to the old ones!

Yeah most of these do unfortunately.

I’ve got the Velcro strap type and they have to feed around the back of the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ones I had did the job these just looked cleaner. Oh well!

Reactions: 8YARWY
Ones I had did the job these just looked cleaner. Oh well!

Lol once you start modding you’ll be fitting the bigger cooler, then they’ll work

Reactions: Csllover, garethdj and ArrEssDrei
Lol once you start modding you’ll be fitting the bigger cooler, then they’ll work

"keeping this one stock"