Number Plate bulbs from T8ups - Before & After

mancdan

Reaction score
Got some number plate bulbs from T8ups last week and just got round to fitting them today.
They are not LED's but as good as and a lot whiter than the standard horrible yellow bulb.

Here are the pictures taken in daylight hours:

Before and with standard bulbs:

Number Plate before

50/50 shot - one new white bulb on the left & one standard bulb on the right:

Number Plate During

Final shot with both new bulbs fitted (although I don't think I have taken at quite the same angle as the previous two)

Number Plate After

Will see what they are like at night and maybe take a picture to upload on here.

Thats cool, i just bought these too, along with the fronts which look ace!

I just need to work out how to get the ******** screws out from the LED's i bought that dont work :S

How much were these?

Iv spent a fortune on LED/SMD bulbs and the car never liking them :( - but now my interior lights are all replaced with them and its like living in the sun when i open the door! :)

ANy info would be much appreciated,

Stui

How much were these?

Iv spent a fortune on LED/SMD bulbs and the car never liking them :( - but now my interior lights are all replaced with them and its like living in the sun when i open the door! :)

ANy info would be much appreciated,

Stui

I got them from T8ups on here and they were £10 but i got 3 pairs of bulbs for that as he was running a special offer.
Just serach for T8ups in the member list and send him a PM. I got all my interior LED's from him and have to agree with you when you say its like the sun when you open the door. They are so bright and even more so at night when they really stand out.

Cheers,

Been in touch with him :)

Yeah my bulbs were all resorted to interior duty after all failing as number plate bulb :)

Do like the brightness though :)

When you say fronts, do you mean front side lights?

Hi there,

Yep i got front sidelights as well as main and dipped beam (latter being normal bulbs) - they are all excellent - the sidelights dont throw up any errors and are almost DRL bright.

I only have one pick and the car is utterly filthy but even through muddy headlights you can see how white and bright they are... (was a bit thick and didnt realise it uses the original bulbs as resistors but got there in the end :))

Original yellow:
B078ED7F-7D31-473F-93DC-D8C9CFFBD9EE-4673-00000585CE612DD7.jpg

New (and very dirty) white:

D8415325-22B8-494E-82CF-F20B201C7F52-4673-00000585C9D67501.jpg

Nice,

would like to see how white your main/dipped bulbs are too as iv just put some in mine - bought from eBay as a kit!

I know what you mean, need a good camera to pick up the difference in colour.

Hi there,

Yep i got front sidelights as well as main and dipped beam (latter being normal bulbs) - they are all excellent - the sidelights dont throw up any errors and are almost DRL bright.

I only have one pick and the car is utterly filthy but even through muddy headlights you can see how white and bright they are... (was a bit thick and didnt realise it uses the original bulbs as resistors but got there in the end :))

Original yellow:
B078ED7F-7D31-473F-93DC-D8C9CFFBD9EE-4673-00000585CE612DD7.jpg

New (and very dirty) white:

D8415325-22B8-494E-82CF-F20B201C7F52-4673-00000585C9D67501.jpg

Thanks Chr1sch, they do look nice and white which is a lot better than the yellow.
Do you think they are better when using in the dark than the original bulbs too?
Did you get them all from T8ups on the forum?

I ordered some license plate bulbs from T8ups about 6 months ago. Looked brilliant in the dark. I found the light would reflect off the indentations in the boot surrounding the plate and light up the whole area. The only issue was the constant bulb error on my DIS.
No idea how to use transistors etc so I just the put the original bulbs back in after a few weeks :(

Thanks Chr1sch, they do look nice and white which is a lot better than the yellow.
Do you think they are better when using in the dark than the original bulbs too?
Did you get them all from T8ups on the forum?

Hi there,

Absolutely, the new bulbs are a total transformation compared with the original ones (although i've no idea what they were)

With reference to the rear numberplate lights, i had LED's too (from eBay, and they were crap and threw errors up) t8ups has sent glass versions for the rear which arent quite as bright but work well and are a nice blue/white light

I got rear numberplate lights, front sides, front main and dipped, all from t8ups - very happy