Number Plate Blank Owners - Where Do You Put Yours?

DuncVolvoTurbo

Reaction score
Thanks to Stoke Audi, I'll be getting a number plate blank for the front of my B7 Avant. I love the look of it, but as the car is my daily driver I will need to have a front plate, so the big question is, where do you put your plate?

Any pics would be greatly appreciated! :D

pass footwell or boot

Reactions: Macdoon
Can anyone help with this, as I'm sure the local plod won't like bez101's idea? :D

Oh sorry if you didn't like my reply you asked where members put our ramen plate ?
That's where I put mine
If you want to stay legal it's hit to be on the front if the car so not much choice.

I actually said that the local plod wouldn't like your idea. I'd love to go about with no number plate on the front, as you suggest, but as I stated originally its my daily driver so I need to have a plate. No idea what a "ramen plate" is though.

Oh sorry if you didn't like my reply you asked where members put our ramen plate ?
That's where I put mine
If you want to stay legal it's hit to be on the front if the car so not much choice.

It was just a simple question. Do you tape it to the blank, do you fix it to the grill underneath, or something else? Just looking for the best option, not an argument.

Was ment to say legal crappy iPhone

Reactions: DuncVolvoTurbo
This numberplate blank.... have you got a pic or can get one?

I think it might be the same as what I was looking for, and only place I found was America that did them!

T3nnant - I have one fitted to by car, remeber it is still illegal to drive without the plate. I only use mine for shows etc

Great looking Avant! So where do you put your plate when you're not at shows?

T3nnant - I have one fitted to by car, remeber it is still illegal to drive without the plate. I only use mine for shows etc

Duncvolvoturbo - I just use to put the normal plate holder on the dashboard, or if it is a long drive to a show I just swap the panels over when I get there. Only 4 screws takes a minute to swap over.

Thanks!
iv search and could never find these, and actually thought it was only the American market.

Thanks!
iv search and could never find these, and actually thought it was only the American market.

if its got a audi part number the dealer will get them
sp really for any market
but i did get the idea around 5 years ago from the usa forums.

Please note if you consider placing your plate in the dash, it is up to what ever cop that pull you over to decide if you get nothing to a warning or 3pts, if you do get a warning dont drive the next day with it stuck on the dash you will get points and a fine witnessed it happen. Trust me not worth the hassell as they go over your whole car so ask yourself is it worth it ??

If you find the part number then audi or tps will try and sort you out, i am running a euro holder for my metal plate.
I use this Audi Teile Katalog (Pats Catalog) to help find a part number as worked a treat, still have to use other forums to back up that it will defintly work on the car i.e. s line or se, avant etc.

Always looks best tied to the passenger side sun visor. In terms of the law as stated above all depends how much of a **** the officer is, personally get pulled over none stop for absolutely no reason and have had police try saying things about my legal plates so god help me if they were anywhere but stock position.