NS front and rear doors without power

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Anyone experienced bo power in one side of the car?
Yesterday, car was ok in the morning but after work, got in and neither of the left hand side doors would work. Nothing.
Windows do not work, mirror not adjusting/heating+indicator dead, no ambient light.

Also, because I have locked the car in the morning, I cannot open these door from outside. Opened the front passenger from inside and now cannot lock it as electrics don't work. They stay open despite the alarm will arm itself and close all other doors. If you pull that door open and stick your head in, it will go off.
Had to park close to the pillar in the underground parking, so no one could open them.

Another thing is, parental rear door/windows lock switch for the left side is not lit and non operational on drivers window switches.
All fuses for the left side doors are ok.

My mechanic didn't had time today to plug it in for scan but will investigate myself for voltage to doors, fuses, if any water under the carpet and any wiring broken by door hinges.

Could anyone point me in possible other direction to find the fault?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Check driver's front door hinge grommet for wire breaks.

Cant check fuses atm, but pull & visually check unless you got a meter.

Reactions: abmat
Check driver's front door hinge grommet for wire breaks.

Cant check fuses atm, but pull & visually check unless you got a meter.
Will be checking there also. Thanx
Got a volt meter and so can check if power at the fuse box is present. To be sure, will replace fuses for fresh ones.

Baffles me this as it wasn't even raining yesterday here to flood the car and all was working in the morning.

Ah, just remembered.
Speakers work on these doors so it must be power related

Managed to establish so far that, floor and carpet lining underneath the front passenger seat/footwell is dry.
Also, voltage before and after fuse is showing just under 12v.

Trying to get to the flex rubber between door hinges and further in the door itself.
Will remove glove box to check wiring colours and trace the loom in onnthe door modupe if voltage is there.

Thinking, if two fuses (Smart power module and door module) serve for both front and rear doors but are not seperated for them doors so, why would the loom to rear doors split from the front door module on the door? Mean, in the door, not before?
Both fuses checked again and are fine.

Think I found him. Dead front door module as voltage on main power cables to the module is present.
Am I correct to presume that, if this is dead, rear doors will not work also?

On the lookout for new or second hand door module.
b2e69684e6755e24d38297cc79ad1be9.jpg
c2065174dadaa6261d114230fc381858.jpg

Replacement second hand door module arrived. Replaced and majority of functions came back live.
As usual, @DJAlix turned out to he great chap and advised me few things. Alex, again hats off to you kind sir.

Need to tweak it still a bit as curb light and internal ambient strip doesnt work.
Will get to that slowly but for now, happy I can lock the car back again.

All codes cleared from ecu and car scanned again, showing nothing.
Will drive around few days and plug it again
8e2898ab51c7bcd2dc31474b64440a01.jpg

Reactions: CupraDine and DJAlix
Replacement second hand door module arrived. Replaced and majority of functions came back live.
As usual, @DJAlix turned out to he great chap and advised me few things. Alex, again hats off to you kind sir.

Need to tweak it still a bit as curb light and internal ambient strip doesnt work.
Will get to that slowly but for now, happy I can lock the car back again.

All codes cleared from ecu and car scanned again, showing nothing.
Will drive around few days and plug it again
8e2898ab51c7bcd2dc31474b64440a01.jpg

More than welcome and was great chatting to you again :)

Reactions: KrisKrk
Anyone know how to code the curb and ambient lights back in to the modules?

Unfortunately, I have no previous scan to copy/paste.

Rear ambient strip under the silver door trim do work and rear doors are considered as "slave".

Any advise appreciated