[Nov 6, 2016] WALTON AUDI DEALERSHIP MEET (Surrey)

Thx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Well... apart from meeting some fellow forum members, I have to say that this was a complete waste of time :(

Some people got to ride along in an RS6, others just got to stand around in the car park having a chat. Dealership never even had any literature on display.

Last edited:
Reactions: NL316 and Ian Whiffen
Yeah that was a big let down really, no bacon sarnies, no tour and only a ride in an RS6. Nice to meet some new forum members tho

Reactions: NL316 and Terminator x
Not quite as billed however thanks for taking us out in the RS6, absolute animal!

TX.

Reactions: NL316
Yes not a good dealer meet, i was lucky to go in the RS6 but not good for others.

Totally different to the Tunbridge Wells Meet, but the extended ride with Jason in the RS6 was excellent, the S5 showed what it could do when it saw us and to see the White Countach behind us was a bonus

Reactions: Terminator x, Ian Whiffen and THQuattro
Why no tour? Why no test drives? This was all set and and confirmed.

Why no tour? Why no test drives? This was all set and and confirmed.
Don't understand what happened. The sales guy introduced himself, said there was tea or coffee then disappeared. Had a look at the showroom cars then he came back with the rs6 keys and took some members out for a spin. We ended up just leaving in the end. Shame really.

Totally different to the Tunbridge Wells Meet, but the extended ride with Jason in the RS6 was excellent, the S5 showed what it could do when it saw us and to see the White Countach behind us was a bonus
Yeah it was great for us .
The receptionist didn't even know what we were there for.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Did you enjoy your RS4 ride.

Reactions: Sandra and bredhurststeve
Yes. Everybody was disappointed and waited outside for test drive. But in the end only few of as had spin in RS6 with the seller.
Thanks for ride in RS4 hopefully my gonna be half as good as yours. :)

Beach Buggy K03 Hybrid with K04 internals

20161106 163115

Reactions: THQuattro
Still small but hopefully i can reach 360-370 HP and same torque. :)

Reactions: THQuattro
Hi everyone. I thought I would just chime in and try and set a few things straight.

I had workshop tours all set up and ready to go, but seeing as I was the only person actually involved with the meet, it was impossible for me to satisfy everyone at once. By the time I got back from taking a few members out in the RS6, everyone had disappeared so I couldn't take anyone round the workshop.

I did my best to try and be as helpful as I could, I thought that taking people out in the RS6 would be a good idea, but obviously I can't please everyone at the same time.

I did ask everyone if there were any particular cars they wanted to see/go out in as much as I could, but at the same time I was still at work and had to tend to a few work tasks.

Apologies if this wasn't as good as other meets, it is the first time I've done anything like this, and I was flying completely solo on this one as you could probably tell.

Reactions: bredhurststeve
Thanks it was still amazing experience in RS6, and you did great job. And alone you cant do miracles and also to work in same time :)
Maybe is was a misunderstanding but we thought that we gonna have test drive.

I would have happily done some test drives with people, but nobody actually asked me if they could have a drive?

Thanks Steve, I am glad you enjoyed it. We had some fun didn't we?

As previously mentioned, it was my first time doing something like this so I wasn't sure what to do, tried to do the best I could. It's all a learning curve, the next one will be better!

Reactions: THQuattro, NL316, bredhurststeve and 1 other person
Yes it was awesome :-D Next time can i test drive the RS5 :-D

Reactions: bredhurststeve
I thought there were a list of cars available for us to actually test drive, had my NI and license details all ready to go but was useless in the end :(

The TT and the S3 (which I was very interested in) sat in the car park and all I could do was just look at them twiddling my thumbs.

Thanks for the ride it the RS6 though.. the launch control blast was unreal!

To be fair, I can see you tried your best but there was no way you could've done it all on your own.
I'm sure you can appreciate our reason for leaving as we had absolutely nothing to do whilst the second ride along in the RS6 was taking place.

I couldn't agree with you more, it's a learning curve and hopefully the next time will be better.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen, bredhurststeve and Terminator x
Oh yeh, I almost forgot... as always it was great catching up with familia and new faces.

Ian it was a pleasure taking a ride in your little beast of an S1! :) thanks buddy.

Toby I didn't get a chance today but my mate loved the RS4 man! She was well impressed. Hopefully next time it'll be my turn lol

Terminator x, great to see your beast! It sound absolutely evil! Haha
Hopefully next time I could hitch a ride buddy. Same goes to Alexei.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen, leshkin, bredhurststeve and 1 other person
Oh yeh, I almost forgot... as always it was great catching up with familia and new faces.

Ian it was a pleasure taking a ride in your little beast of an S1! :) thanks buddy.

Toby I didn't get a chance today but my mate loved the RS4 man! She was well impressed. Hopefully next time it'll be my turn lol

Next time no prob mate, did you take any good photo,s.

20161106 100128
20161106 103746
20161106 104203
20161106 105229
20161106 105234
20161106 110418
20161106 111105
20161106 111333
20161106 114432

Attachments

• 20161106_105217.jpg
    20161106_105217.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 269
No worries, happy to take anyone out in it. At the next one no problem.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

My pleasure. Hope your friends enjoyed it too