Nottingham - restaurants & pubs

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Hi...having never been to Nottingham.....and I will be going towards the end of sept for a stag night (ok...he is aged 42 - so it will be almost civilised)...has any one got any recommendations for good pubs and decent restaurants

Depends on what food you want?
There are hundreds of pubs and restaurants in the city centre,loads of fit women too.

Well, I am up for pub grub...not the brewer fair sort of stuff but "good stuff", Indian or Chinese....preference is for real ale also

The word amongst the lads is that they want to end up at a "Gentlemens Club"....

Johnboy

Sadly, I have just recently moved from Nottingham due to work, but only to B'ham, so it's not too far. 2 good Indians are the Mem Saab on Maid Marion Way, and The Curry Lounge on Upper Parliment Street (this one was featured in Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, but it has a very good name and is good food). Next door to the Cuury Lounge is China China which is a great Chinese. All of these are on the right side of town for The Bell, The Salutation and The Trip To Jerusalem, all real ale pubs and each one claims to be the oldest in England. After the pubs, although I have never been to a gentlemens club (honest), people tell me that you have the choice of Conrads or Senoritas. Senoritas is a cab ride, more expensive, but you won't get shot!

I hope this helps and enjoy your night

Personally, I think Nottingham is a skanky place to eat. All the restaurants are filthy and full of tw@ts.