Notification that you've left your phone in the car...

PGNick

Reaction score
Speaking to a colleague, who has the B9 Avant SLine on a 66 plate, if he has his phone plugged into the USB and switches off the engine he gets an alert that the phone is still docked so he doesn't forget it.

My B9 Avant Sport, on a 16 plate, doesn't do this and I can't seem to find a setting in the MMI to activate it...

Anyone know how to activate this function?

I'm not near the car at the moment but I do remember seeing the setting in the MMI. I have the wireless charging station and the reminder has saved me multiple times.

I'm not near the car at the moment but I do remember seeing the setting in the MMI. I have the wireless charging station and the reminder has saved me multiple times.

But this alert only works when the phone is plugged into a USB cable (which would charge the phone), no??

The car knows when there is a phone in the charging station and because this is located out of sight, I often get out of the car without it.

I've enabled this on my MY16 but I never actually got the warning that I've left my phone plugged in the one time I've tried it

I think it only works if you have the tech pack on the my16 and for all my17

Hi, you need a wireless charging phone or a wireless charging phone case to enable the phone warning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, you need a wireless charging phone or a wireless charging phone case to enable the phone warning

My wife's Fabia gives the phone warning regardless of being connected via USB or Bluetooth, don't know why the Audi platform would be that different.

I think they want you to buy the Audi wireless phone case