Not starting straight away

mephisto

Reaction score
Have an S3 AMK won't start straight away, especially i haven't used for a day. Takes a good turn over of about 5 seconds, then stop then turn key again normally fires up this time.

If i go for a drive all is fine, but if i leave it longer than about 2hours the same issue starts to return, it's like im losing fuel pressure? Thoughts?

Thanks

Reactions: Farmor00
Have an S3 AMK won't start straight away, especially i haven't used for a day. Takes a good turn over of about 5 seconds, then stop then turn key again normally fires up this time.

If i go for a drive all is fine, but if i leave it longer than about 2hours the same issue starts to return, it's like im losing fuel pressure? Thoughts?

Thanks
Have you checked the crank sensor sounds like it could be faulty? Any scan results?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mephisto
Have you checked the crank sensor sounds like it could be faulty? Any scan results?

Sent from my SM-G975F using TapatalH

Have scanned will check again in a bit. Seems bad only when not started for an hour plus perfect when warm or started once starts every time thereafter.

I have the same issue but for me I have this issue when my fuel tank is below 1/4. Strange.

This has been covered before but can't remember the cure

I have the same issue but for me I have this issue when my fuel tank is below 1/4. Strange.

Your fuel pumps basically dead change it and it should be fine mine was exactly the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mephisto and Farmor00
Your fuel pumps basically dead change it and it should be fine mine was exactly the same

Thanks Brad trying to understand why it seems to be ok once running, happy to replace if this is actually the issue? Anyone else shine a light here. As i said before it 'seems' like the pressure isn't there to start with or its losing pressure when not running so when i go to start it takes about 4 secs or one turn over attempt before it always start on second turn of key. Soon as its running if i stop engine it's fine for about an hour or so, then back to needing a crank of about 4 secs to start.

Hmm i had similar where the pipe had fallen off from the scavenger side or passenger side of fuel tank. Have you replaced fuel filter also? Just a few thoughts.

Thanks Brad trying to understand why it seems to be ok once running, happy to replace if this is actually the issue? Anyone else shine a light here. As i said before it 'seems' like the pressure isn't there to start with or its losing pressure when not running so when i go to start it takes about 4 secs or one turn over attempt before it always start on second turn of key. Soon as its running if i stop engine it's fine for about an hour or so, then back to needing a crank of about 4 secs to start.

Yeah sounds exactly like fuel pump mate, sytec 4wd fuel pump £100 is what I have it’s been fine since decimal tenths sell these now too, it’s abit of a patience game fitting wise run the fuel right down makes it easier

Hmm i had similar where the pipe had fallen off from the scavenger side or passenger side of fuel tank. Have you replaced fuel filter also? Just a few thoughts.
yeah replaced filter. Will replace pump with bar-tek one soon.

Yeah sounds exactly like fuel pump mate, sytec 4wd fuel pump £100 is what I have it’s been fine since decimal tenths sell these now too, it’s abit of a patience game fitting wise run the fuel right down makes it easier

Thanks Brad this the one?

Sure is.. keep your original in the glovebox just Incase change fuel filter too on the rear by trailing arm

Yep already done fuel filter cheers.

to add to this thread, recently installed a Sytec fuel pump and car starts almost instantly now.

Reactions: MPH