Not happy front bumper scrape

Mikeyd1

Reaction score
Well today drove over a speed bump and heard a scrape looked underneath and yep scraped underside front bumper. Fuming to say the least, only had a car a month

Attachments

• CBCBFF3E-C85E-4BAB-ACA2-723E74793FE9.jpeg
    CBCBFF3E-C85E-4BAB-ACA2-723E74793FE9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243
How high was the speed bump. This should not have happened unless youv'e had the car lowered.

Colin
I’ll measure it tommorow but it was high and thin and all distorted where heavy vehicles have been driving over it, I’ll measure it and take a picture tomorrow

I’ll probably buy a lip to cover for the moment but trying to find one that uses factory holes

All you need to know about UK road hump specs if you wish to make a claim http://www.ukroads.org/webfiles/tal07-96.pdf
Wow Thankyou. I did go back and look at but it didn’t seem excessively high, so maybe I’ve done it somewhere else but I checked the car before I bought it last month but don’t know where, but I did hear a noise when I drove over the hump that’s why I checked it. I did measure the lowest part of my front lip to the road and it’s 17 cm from the ground.

This used to happen to me in my A3 when working too close to the front part of the kerb. Some are incredibly high. Could it have been this?

This used to happen to me in my A3 when working too close to the front part of the kerb. Some are incredibly high. Could it have been this?
It may of been, I’m usually really careful. Still a bit bummed about it, but u can’t see it unless underneath