Not Happy, APR stage 2 problems.

Yup all sorted now. I've not had chance to update this as it was my birthda, been busy etc.

Picked the car up on Friday and was allowed to test drive my car for as long as I wanted. Drove it round for about 40mins so it was fully warm and it drives great. No misfires and much smoother. The director spoke with me and out me in touch with the guy that does the mappin and he explained what the problem was.

Basically when the cars revs were slowly built up the ECU called for the right amount of fuelbut if it was dropped from say 5th gear to 3rd and floored it would only ask for a lower rate of fuel. I think the numbers were 115 bar pressure and only 95 when it had the missfire. So they tweaked the software so that it always asked for 115.

They tested the fuel pump and there is no issue with it at all. Sorry for the very poor explanation but I'm no way a mapper. Haha. They said they had never seen this before and it was quite and odd one but I'm glad it's been solved. Power is the same as it's the same map so it came out with 337bhp. I've got the graph if anyone is interested.

Reactions: jimojameso, -Ju- and S.
It'll have to wait a few days as I've left it in the car and gone away for a few days. Got to drive a 1.4 meriva.

So, i was right, the issue was in the map.
I'm glad you've sorted it now. Now you can enjoy the extra power.
Apr did a great job solving the issue.

Reactions: Nick_C
So what's best to do then? Sack it off and get a revo stage 2 or I've also heard good things about shark maps. Or I'd even go to Rick at unicorn. Plenty of options, APR need to realise this.

I got my car Stage 2 mapped at Unicorn 2 weeks ago, made 337bhp and 344lb/ft

Couldn't fault the service at all, he mapped my mates Mk 5 GTI the same time as well.

Reactions: Nick_C
Still cant help think that Awesome where a bit naughty though and not the type of service I would expect from them..

Still cant help think that Awesome where a bit naughty though and not the type of service I would expect from them..

Yeh there's a couple of things that I still wasn't impressed with. Like the fact they threw my old spark plugs out that were 2 months old so I had to buy new ones and they pressured me into buying red R8 coil packs. They probably are better but I don't know if they are or not. At least it's all done now and if anything goes wrong I have everything fitted that they advised.

Yeh there's a couple of things that I still wasn't impressed with. Like the fact they threw my old spark plugs out that were 2 months old so I had to buy new ones and they pressured me into buying red R8 coil packs. They probably are better but I don't know if they are or not. At least it's all done now and if anything goes wrong I have everything fitted that they advised.

Sorry to say this,but the red packs make no difference other than cosmetic.

I would have been as unimpressed by that performance as you are,and would likely have made sure their bosses in the US knew that too.

When I get chance I'll probably send them an email. I have the original coilpack as I asked for all standard parts back. But they had binned the plugs, cost me and extra £115 but they didn't charge me for labour.

IMAG0712

As promised a graph of my dyno results.