Not another ******* animal!!!

JRock247

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN SO SOON!!!!!

So driving back home from the petrol station last night, minding my own business when I noticed a rabbit shoot out in front of my car. Zero time to try and avoid it or slam on the breaks. I 'thought' it had gone under the wheel.......how wrong I was! Pulled over to the side of the road to inspect and found the rabbit wedged in my grille..........It gets worse!

Grabbed a pair of rubber gloves from the boot of my car to then try and extract said rabbit. On closer inspection the rabbit was still alive! (I wasn't expecting that) Tried to grab the only extruding limbs I could, the head and leg and the little s**t decided to wiggle backwards and ended up BEHIND my grille!

I'm now stood on the side of the road with a rabbit effectively in a ' rabbits cage' in the front of my car. Decision time, do I leave it there and sort out when I get home or figure out a way to remove him on the side of the road. I didn't fancy driving around with a half alive rabbit in the front of my car (the looks I would have gotten lol)

So the only way I could get it out was to make a rabbit sized hole in the grille to pull him out. As my grille was already broken by said rabbit, I just ripped some of the plastic trim away to make a large enough hole to pull him out. Grabbed the still very much alive rabbit and with a bit of tussle, pulled him out and chucked him on the ground. He ran off (slightly side ways) without even as much as a look back.

What's even worse is I hit a pheasant 3 months ago in my Audi A4, that also got wedged in my newly purchased RS4 style grille......luckily for him, he died on impact. A year and half ago, I hit a badger in the same A4. Prior to this, nothing and I've been driving/living in the same area for over 10 years. WTF.

How does the same **** happen to the same guy in such a short amount of time. I've only owned the car a ****** month. Luckily only the grille was damaged and a no part of the bumper. So managed to order a 2nd hand one of eBay for £40.

Few pics of the event. Rabbit lovers, look away now.

Reactions: paul wev
You attract wildlife. Lol
Have you checked your family tree if Noe wasn’t there.
Apologies for a banter. Could not resist.

I would’ve leave him there and gave him a ride of he’s life, as a punishment for broken grille of new car.

Have you checked if adaptive cruise control still works?

Once I’ve run over something of a wild boar but it was on a very dark road and I did not stopped. Was afraid it could be a trap and will get carjacked or something.
Middle of nowhere and I seem to drove over it, as no damage to the car or any residue left of that “animal looking thing”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JRock247
Keep the banter up, it cheers me up lol

Haven't tested the ACC yet. The rabbit didn't make contact with it, it was just to the left of it but will check just encase.

Wild boar! Bet that would have left a mark on the car. Sounds dodgy, especially as no animal trace left on the car. Never heard of scam like that, using road ill to try and carjack you!

Reactions: KrisKrk
Keep the banter up, it cheers me up lol

Haven't tested the ACC yet. The rabbit didn't make contact with it, it was just to the left of it but will check just encase.

Wild boar! Bet that would have left a mark on the car. Sounds dodgy, especially as no animal trace left on the car. Never heard of scam like that, using road ill to try and carjack you!
It only looked like boar. Didn't see properly as was going about 40-50mph. Middle of nowhere and was going "from the darkness into the darkness". Whatever headlamps were lighting up, that's what I could see.
It was also in a Skoda Fabia so didn't cared much. LOL
Joking. It was my first car ans was looking after it more than after my first son.

Seriously, no marks or anything that would indicate anything fell under the wheels.

Bit paranoid with that carjacking maybe but it was scary at the first thought. This was on the way to Europe and have no idea why TomTom was dragging me through route like that.

So driving back home from the petrol station last night, minding my own business when I noticed a rabbit shoot out in front of my car. Zero time to try and avoid it or slam on the breaks. I 'thought' it had gone under the wheel.......how wrong I was! Pulled over to the side of the road to inspect and found the rabbit wedged in my grille..........It gets worse!

Grabbed a pair of rubber gloves from the boot of my car to then try and extract said rabbit. On closer inspection the rabbit was still alive! (I wasn't expecting that) Tried to grab the only extruding limbs I could, the head and leg and the little s**t decided to wiggle backwards and ended up BEHIND my grille!

I'm now stood on the side of the road with a rabbit effectively in a ' rabbits cage' in the front of my car. Decision time, do I leave it there and sort out when I get home or figure out a way to remove him on the side of the road. I didn't fancy driving around with a half alive rabbit in the front of my car (the looks I would have gotten lol)

So the only way I could get it out was to make a rabbit sized hole in the grille to pull him out. As my grille was already broken by said rabbit, I just ripped some of the plastic trim away to make a large enough hole to pull him out. Grabbed the still very much alive rabbit and with a bit of tussle, pulled him out and chucked him on the ground. He ran off (slightly side ways) without even as much as a look back.

What's even worse is I hit a pheasant 3 months ago in my Audi A4, that also got wedged in my newly purchased RS4 style grille......luckily for him, he died on impact. A year and half ago, I hit a badger in the same A4. Prior to this, nothing and I've been driving/living in the same area for over 10 years. WTF.

How does the same **** happen to the same guy in such a short amount of time. I've only owned the car a ****** month. Luckily only the grille was damaged and a no part of the bumper. So managed to order a 2nd hand one of eBay for £40.

Reminds me of back in my first car (Datsun cherry) , got home and looked at the grill (may have been washing it) and noticed some feathers sticking out off the grill. So closed in on feathers and saw a pair of legs under the feathers and followed the sparrows corpse to see its beak firmly stuck in radiator, so tried to pull it out by the legs and tail and it came out,but left its beak, head and spine still hanging out of the radiator. So got some needle nose pliers to get the remains out, and then of course , sprung a leak. No mobile phones back then so no pictures, but preferred your rabbit one anyway .

Reactions: JRock247 and KrisKrk
I would have stuck the glove where the sun doesn’t shine and make him into a hand puppet!!

Reactions: RAF_S7, Samuel c5 Q, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Reminds me of back in my first car (Datsun cherry) , got home and looked at the grill (may have been washing it) and noticed some feathers sticking out off the grill. So closed in on feathers and saw a pair of legs under the feathers and followed the sparrows corpse to see its beak firmly stuck in radiator, so tried to pull it out by the legs and tail and it came out,but left its beak, head and spine still hanging out of the radiator. So got some needle nose pliers to get the remains out, and then of course , sprung a leak. No mobile phones back then so no pictures, but preferred your rabbit one anyway .

Wow head first into the radiator, well done :) Surprised it didn't leave a bird shape hole in the rad, just a beak shaped hole lol

That sounds like the time I hit a pheasant. I didn't initially realise it was stuck in my grille at first, got round to the front of the car to discover a leg and wing hanging out the front of my car. Pulled them out, then another leg, then working further back, the body, final wing and then the mashed head. ****** disgusting. I had no gloves, not even a bag, so had to go in bare handed and retching throughout! (that's the main reason I now keep gloves in the car) Perhaps not quite as disgusting as yours!

I don't think I will ever forget this incident, it was the rabbit stuck behind my grille part that amused me the most. Stood there thinking, how the f**k do I get it out. Was tempted to keep it there, it has access to fresh air, water and warm lol

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q and paul wev
I would have stuck the glove where the sun doesn’t shine and make him into a hand puppet!!

61EIZY0e66L._SL1200_.jpg

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q, paul wev, Bristle Hound and 1 other person

@JRock247 - ****** hell mate !

Speaking of road kill
In the mid 80's I was driving a 200 mile car supplied my work at around 8am one summers Sunday morning
I was doing around 40mph when a fully grown male deer ran straight into the path of my car.I didn't stand a chance!
Killed the deer stone dead and wrote off the Fiesta I was driving
Just pleased it never came thro' the windscreen
Oh & I had a change of under cracks too lol

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q, JRock247 and paul wev
Just my luck! :triumph: Only had the car just over a month, just glad it's not a bumper replacement and only the grille.

Oh 'Deer' :tongueclosed: Have heard so many horror stories about running into Deer's. You don't come off lightly after hitting one of those. Your very lucky it didn't come through the window, any faster and who knows what the outcome could have been.

Did you get his little blue jacket out of the grill for him?

I hit a pheasant last week. It was standing by the white line separating the motorway from the hard shoulder for 5 secs or so and I'm almost sure I saw it look left then right then proceed to walk out on to the motorway as I start to approach it like it was waiting for me.

I couldn't go anywhere with traffic to my right so had to pick the best spot within my lane to avoid the rad/fmic. So I lost a bit of bumper trim which is probably not available anymore. There was a puff of feathers out the back and some giblets on the lower air dam and feathers on the power steering pump and it almost took out the auxihillary belts for the alternator and the water pump.

They're out to get us.

I hit a pheasant last week. It was standing by the white line separating the motorway from the hard shoulder for 5 secs or so and I'm almost sure I saw it look left then right then proceed to walk out on to the motorway as I start to approach it like it was waiting for me.

I couldn't go anywhere with traffic to my right so had to pick the best spot within my lane to avoid the rad/fmic. So I lost a bit of bumper trim which is probably not available anymore. There was a puff of feathers out the back and some giblets on the lower air dam and feathers on the power steering pump and it almost took out the auxihillary belts for the alternator and the water pump.

They're out to get us.

Feel for you man:cry:

I assume this was a male pheasant?

I swear male pheasants have some sort of death wish or are just plain stupid!

Not much choice when your on the motorway. As you said, try and pick the 'best' spot for impact and hope for the best :grin:

They're out to get us.

I was following a old guy in an A3 along the M4. We were doing about 60mph and out of the blue a pheasant flew out from the trees straight into the path of the Audi. I was at least 5 car lengths behind and all I saw was this pheasant barrel rolling up over the car with feathers flying everywhere. It didn’t look too good when it hit the road a few meters behind me.

Anyhow we both pulled into the hard shoulder. The guy was seriously shaken and there was shattered glass everywhere inside the car. It hit the windscreen right in his line of vision.

It turns out he was test driving the car!

You need to be careful, when it comes to drive in country lanes not to hot anything but it is also important to have right tools with you to handle it, if it comes to close contact with your bonnet or grille.

1e53cbea89267528d592e88d7f8cde08.jpg

My mates work mate hit a pheasant, or whatever it has remained of it and started to deal with it properly

Reactions: JRock247
I was following a old guy in an A3 along the M4. We were doing about 60mph and out of the blue a pheasant flew out from the trees straight into the path of the Audi. I was at least 5 car lengths behind and all I saw was this pheasant barrel rolling up over the car with feathers flying everywhere. It didn’t look too good when it hit the road a few meters behind me.

Anyhow we both pulled into the hard shoulder. The guy was seriously shaken and there was shattered glass everywhere inside the car. It hit the windscreen right in his line of vision.

It turns out he was test driving the car!

That sounds hairy. Mine I'm near sure was a female pheasant, light brown background with flexs of dark brown or black through it. Mine just walked on out without a care in the world. Shame I didn't get to keep it and cook it.

Reactions: Crazyfool