Not another Aftermarket headunit installation problem (SMH)

Daddyj16gga

Reaction score
Good morning forum peeps,

Only introduced myself on the welcome thread the other day and now bringing you guys a problem already.

I have a 2010 Audi A3 1.4 TSI which I only recently bought a few days ago. I initially planned on transferring my Kenwood Apple/Android Double Din unit from my previous motor into the new car. I purchased this adapter kit from ebay with the hope that it should be a straightforward job. Have had this unit for a while so have always been happy to get stuck in and wire the unit if necessary but the ISO harness adapters always make life easier.

Currently the kenwood unit turns on fine, got the steering controls working fine, front speakers work but the rear not even one bit of sound :persevere:

I did some checking in the forum and have seen a few threads with owners struggling with speakers not working. In most cases the rear speakers are powered by an internal amp and my understanding is that the power feed to the amp gets lost in translation i.e. there is no direct line in from the the aftermarket ISO cable to power it (please correct me if wrong).

Have been in touch with the eBay store I purchased the kit from and they pretty much confirmed the same thing. They said that the blue power feed (thumbnail 1) needs to be connected to a remote 12v feed (from headunit) in order to power the speakers. On the Kenwoods it should be the remote blue/white wire (thumbnail 2) however I have two of them! Either way I tried both and couldn't get the speakers to work.

Then they mentioned I should also hook up the blue lead wire from the aerial as well (thumbnail 3) which makes no sense to me :persevere: To cap off I also have a remote control wire which is blue/yellow (thumbnail 4) which is what is powering the canibus and steering controls (which work fine).

Apologies for the very long essay but I gathered the more info I put down... The better. I don't think I have Bose Speakers as I assumed it would be branded on the door speaker grill? Also the stock unit was a double din Audi Concept. The remaining thumbnail show the type of Audi internal adapter.

Any ideas people? Apologies also for my rather ashey hands too :tearsofjoy:

IMG 20190528 155939 minIMG 20190528 155958 minIMG 20190528 161224 min
IMG 20190528 181228 minIMG 20190528 161124 min

Last edited:
Halfords for correct lead I did a post about going fron concert to android I have amp in back thought I would have same issue as you mines worked perfect. And i had bought iso off Ebay

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ideally I want like to use the current Iso adapter and modify it but worst case scenario it's worth knowing which adapter from Halfords. Can you remember which one?

Cant remember mate but I got a pumpkin android head unit did my research cause of the issue with rear sub. My head unit came plug and play I had pre-bought the lead from halfords which I didn't need look through my post if you can find any info

Tip sort front speakers and play with the configuration of the rear speakers with connections you have left

Front speakers are all good. Ideally would just like to know if I could somehow power the amp for the rear speakers. Hoping maybe someone knows the colour wire which does it from the audi harness