And finally a Nissan Skyline GTR :hubbahubba:

Too say I'm excited is an understatement

Reactions: actualeddie
I'm driving an Audi R8 tomorrow :racer:

Then a Lamborghini Gallardo :rockwoot:

And finally a Nissan Skyline GTR :hubbahubba:

Too say I'm excited is an understatement

Probably the most hated man on ASN right now :whistle2:

Excellent mate, drove the v8 R8 at thruxton, I sadly only got to do 3 laps, then the instructor showed me how to drive it right,

You'll love it,

Been there, done that :moa:

You will love it mate, let us know which one you think is best as well....mine was the lambo.

Apparently the Lamborghini and Audi have very similar if not the same suspension, so am wondering how much of a difference there will be!

Just driven the R8 in the rain, what an AMAZING car, my Audi is going to feel slow after this I feel...

Goin on my r8 day soon all booked,bring it on just don't get many laps!

I've just got home, I'll make a brew and put some pics up :icon_thumright:

How long does it take for a hot drink!! ;)

OK, as promised here are some pictures....

I booked in for an Audi R8, Lambo Gallardo and the Nissan GTR. I got upgraded into the Gallardo LP560, and the Nissan had broken down so I got an Aston Martin DBS instead. I have to say, my favourite was the Audi, the Aston being RWD in the wet felt a handful, the Gallardo had a stupid flappy paddle and the Audi was just so smooth. It drove awesome, and it felt good spanking it past some Ariel Atoms :racer:

The Audi coming in before I drive it...

IMG_0297.jpg

Me driving the Audi R8

20120423-0648.jpg

Driving the Lambo...

20120423-0850.jpg

Finally, the DBS

20120423-0982.jpg

I had a 'Hot Lap' in a Focus RS... The driver was immense sliding through chicanes on bald tyres in the wet!

20120423-1055.jpg

Some other pictures of the day...

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Then it was back into my car for the drive home... (took the picture when I got home so I be in the dry!)

IMG_0312-1.jpg

Finally, sit back and kick back with a brew, toast, a forgotten easter egg, top gear on TV and ASN on the laptop...

IMG_0313.jpg

Certificate and proof I have driven all three cars :yes:

IMG_0314.jpg

Driving instructors comments...

IMG_0316.jpg

All in all, it was an amazing day, one that I would repeat. Only down side is that it was all over too quickly! :sorry:

Now looking into doing a proper driving day!!

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/experi...-Experience/?gclid=CMO8stL3yq8CFQITfAodhDmhZg

It was a great day, and would recommend it to anyone! The instructors were great, really pushed to get the most out of the cars! The hot lap was just immense, the skill invovled was awesome, sideways through chicanes and sliding round all the cars on the track.... Loved it :hubbahubba:

I'm not a fan of Aston Martin's but that DBS looks mean in that pic.

Looks like a great day. Get yourself on an open pitlane day where you can drive your own car they're great fun too.

I'm not a fan of Aston Martin's but that DBS looks mean in that pic.

Looks like a great day. Get yourself on an open pitlane day where you can drive your own car they're great fun too.

The Aston is a great car, even if it does have a transformers foot as a gear stick!!!

I'd love to do open pit lane, but my car is also a daily driver and I'd be scared of ruining it :ohmy:

My plan, is when I can afford it I'll get a daily driver A3, possible the diesel 8P and then track my current S3, that would be the ideal situation. Until then, I am stuck with having to buy track days in an R8!

My S3 is also my daily by I just couldn't help it ;)

I'd recommend Bedford as it's a very flat open track with loads of run off if you get it wrong, which I did at 1 point (video in the vids thread sticky).

I'd love to do one of these days at some point too.

Well worth it, but if you do go for something more than just a single car experiance as it will be over all too quickly... I'm looking at doing Silverstone Audi driving experiance. An entire day driving starting with a TT, then S5 and finally the R8. £500 though....but it's a driver training rather than just experiance. Might look into doing a group buy on here possibly.....

Yeah I know, fair wack isn't it? However, considering 9 laps in 3 super cars is £250, and took me all of 30 minutes to do all 3 (dragged out between changing cars etc). £500 for an entire day, 3 days, driver tuition, breakfast and lunch around Silverstone seems a good deal now!!