Not a good day yesterday

Quick update
0fe1a92372ab0ae8b1193b000d60a45a.jpg

All done and painted. Can’t wait to get her back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CupraDine, daytonamart and B5NUT
yes, yes. good polish, she'll be looking sweet again!

Reactions: LangChop
She’s home today so one last pic before I put back together...
057ab0fa53dd6eedd0374dca12ce21b9.jpg

Reactions: daytonamart
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the effort that is going into bringing this car back to the road is impressive. 99% of people would have scrapped this car and not battered an eyelid.

I've got a C6 avant and love it to bits, solid, quiet, reliable and over engineered. There's just something about these old buses, they have so much character.

Reactions: LangChop
Not had long to enjoy her but absolutely love the drive and comfort from it. The car is now repaired and home with me now. I’m just putting on the rad pack etc but having a lot of trouble trying to get the lower passenger pipe connected to the rad. I’ve had to take a breather and battle it again tomora. Might have to try and make a cable tie pulley system to try and pull the pipe on. Thanks for the comments it’s been emotional struggle lol. But I’m not stopping now

So this is where I’m at at the minute...
5428f7e7d1fc17840bdedf8c7582a8d7.jpg

Only thing is I need the bracket for the drivers side intercooler so if anyone knows the part number I appreciate italso does the air box need to be split open to fit in it’s position?

Reactions: B5NUT and daytonamart
62ad3a6a751582eb9132565db46d0044.jpg

Can anyone tell me where this connects to. There’s a vacume and some sort of boost solenoid on the air box but I don’t no if there need to be a t-piece there as the other end come from the engine side and both sides need to be plumbed in...

Well nearly there...
00e9eacce95bb614a240bce04d202ac6.jpg

1211cef92d656c8ac092d693f90beec0.jpg

Excuse the wing I’ve only just sprayed it and needs lacquer

Reactions: B5NUT and daytonamart
Xenons are in and just need to wire the kufatec harness in….
550950e3593f5a5eecd25601f165a541.jpg

Only problem I’m having at the minute is the bonnet won’t click down in its position. I moved the bonnet forward and moved the lock up but no joy

Just letting everyone know who has helped with loads and loads of info to get my car back on the road today is finally the day that it’s happened. Went for mot and passed straight away. I’m over the moon is a understatement. But thanks for everyone’s input.
Adam

Reactions: abmat, Harvey, CupraDine and 1 other person
Really great news! have you got any pics of the old girl all fixed up?

Reactions: Sandra
Just letting everyone know who has helped with loads and loads of info to get my car back on the road today is finally the day that it’s happened. Went for mot and passed straight away. I’m over the moon is a understatement. But thanks for everyone’s input.
Adam

We would love to see a pic Adam. Glad it’s passed it’s mot.

Thanks people. I will get some pics up today. She’s not cleaned yet so don’t judge lol

78e2192e16c2e4be33d6a0ec9cd70d21.jpg

This was the damaged side. Just need to spray the wing again