not a comparison thread (yet)

nice to hear your more detailed thoughts @monopole ....so thanks for that
I've been kicking colours around in my head for a while now....floret being the one that keeps pulling me back....but its interesting to note the psychological effects of an exclusive colour (as you had before) and does make me think a bit more.
Are you going to put lower springs on as you had before? I'm waiting with interest to see what others think after installing MSS kit....

I've considered Floret Silver since the middle of last year as the colour to get if I went to the FL, all in all, the car being available with the spec and discount offered when I just popped into Audi last month was almost too good to be true!!!!

I have no plans to lower or modify the car to my PFL extent, that was exciting and fun to do at the time, I mentioned this colour gives the car a more understated look and that's what I'm after for this outing in an RS3

Reactions: PanamaS3, NevMan and DW81
Two STUNNING RS3’s. The orange PFL looks great, and nice to see a FS RS3 - not a common sight.

Did you ever do a thread on your old RS3?

Reactions: PanamaS3
I've considered Floret Silver since the middle of last year as the colour to get if I went to the FL, all in all, the car being available with the spec and discount offered when I just popped into Audi last month was almost too good to be true!!!!

I have no plans to lower or modify the car to my PFL extent, that was exciting and fun to do at the time, I mentioned this colour gives the car a more understated look and that's what I'm after for this outing in an RS3
yes, I think that although the lowered version looks great....I'd rather put wider tyres on with a taller sidewall as that has saved my bacon now on several occasions with potholes versus my previous lower profile tyres....and in my opinion gives it more of a race car look plus the benefits aforesaid

only fair to stick these vids in my thread :)

My PFL Santa Pod 11.69

My FL yesterday

1st run 11.35 against Brians 11.35

2nd run 11.40 smashing a 5.0l mustang with a headstart

3rd run, 11.31 midday against a (claimed) 480hp RS3

and Brians PFL 11.71 smashing a stage 2 A45 AMG

and now for something not so completely different :tearsofjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jimojameso, T-800 and Terminator x
thanks go to Brians son, Thomas, for the recordings :)

Reactions: D0C
Oh man....those Santa Pod launches in our facelift cars are absolutely sh*te. Quicker times to be had with better launch and ambient temps getting back down to normal British summer conditions! :sm4:

Reactions: NevMan