Not a case of "what have you done to your A4 B7 today", more like .....

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
What have you planned to do to your A4 B7.
I have a few project things in the pipeline but nothing set in stone yet, but there are a few more pressing areas of the old bus that require attention ASAP.
Currently on 86k miles and it needs a cambelt/water pump service urgently now, I've been holding back but I must get it sorted.
Add to that I don't trust my clutch, it's working ok without any slipping etc but I have a feeling the DMF is starting to play up again, so a new clutch and DMF to add onto the todo list.

The coolant header tank has a ruddy big split in it just above the outlet pipe, another bit on the list.

I have noticed recently that the engine feels like its rocking sideway when you blip the throttle, I know both mounts had been leaking so I suspect they are now well past there best, two more bits on the list.

I had not planned on doing anything with the balance shaft issues but what better opportunity than whilst I'm doing the rest, and having been sold on the mod, why not.

The other thing is I may have another look at the cam chain/tensioner, just make sure it's behaving.
Removing the engine will be the best route , yes a bit more involved in someways but will make doing all the individual tasks so much easier in one go.

I think that little lot will keep the old bus going for a few more years, well hopefully it will, look after the mechanicals and that's 90% of the battle won, then all the rest is just enhancements.

Hopefully that lot won't cost too much, labour charges can be a bit steep on some jobs , DIY route will cut down total bill by a lot of pounds.

Right, that's my next few weeks sorted, what about you lot.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Engine mounts can be a bit costly though .

Ricky Burrows

Engine mounts can be a bit costly though .
I may need to get stiffer engine mounts after the tune being fwd it does tend to want to jump and wheel hop on a quick launch in first another 60hp may make that a tad worse lol

AvantAlexB7

Im at the same stage at the minute Rob. My bus has never really had or needed anything doing to it over its life time but now its getting to the age where things are wearing out on it.

AvantAlexB7

My list includes

-full front suspension refresh
-2x fromt wheel bearings replaced
-rocker cover gasket replacement
-new clutch and flywheel

Pie-eyedpiper

I have my washer jets to change (thanks Rob).
Wheels to swap to pre-painted Stuttgart grey 5 spoke S lines.
Mudflaps to fit.
Pedal rubbers to change to RS ones.
Bosch wiper blades to fit.
320 mm front brake discs and calipers to fit. (thanks BobbyTea).
Arm rest lid to swap over.
Flip up cigarette lighter to fit.

Been think about a swirl flap delete, but after EGR valve removal wondering if it's worthwhile.

tr7

Full brake refresh. Painted at the least, maybe powder coated. Thinking handbrake cables also as it's needing adjusted each time on past couple of MOTs.
But have been tempted by 18z although I've absolutely no need for them.. Just simply nicer looking caliper and much easier cleaned, which appeals to my ocd.

tr7

18z Audi B7 Upgrade

Damn that looks good

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Thats the same colour as my 18z's , not sure i can allow that.:whistle2:

Rob Avant

Get it working again… fix the IC pipe work. Then the fun begins…
Cam belt & water pump, Cam follower again.
Fit CTS K04x with S3 injectors and a few other supporting mods.
Back to Unicorn for a new map.
Fit ECS rear diffuser, mesh fog light inserts, Maxtone skirts & splitter.
Sort the paintwork out (possible re spray and new wing)

Then drive it, enjoy it and stop fiddling with it! well for a bit anyway :whistle2:

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Sounds like a great plan Rob. :yahoo:

not sure you stick with the lack of fiddling , but worth a go.:yes:

CTR

Get it running again, plucking up the courage to drop the sump to investigate oil pump and pick up.

Had considered selling up or breaking, but cant bring myself to do it, so time to roll the sleeves up.

Reactions: tr7

Mothy69

in gear but clutch slipping
Dual exit cat back stainless Steel exhaust is on the agenda (2.0tfsi se with stage 1 map)

Reactions: CTR