North West meets ? ? ?

I

imported_reda3lee

Are there any Audi meets in the northwest ever? Am in Liverpool but willing to travel a few miles for a decent meet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I used to organise some ages ago. But turn-out was poor, so I stopped.

But there's nothing stopping you or anyone else from organising something.

Cheers

AL

Well if people post here who whould be interested an if we get enough replys I'll happily organise something.

me too ! ...........
If A3's are welcome .............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

After the good turnout for the rolling road session in Bury, I think there will be enough people wanting to attend a NW. Shall we start off with peoples ideas on where to meet up? I think it should be somewhere close to the M60 so everyone should be able to get there with the minimum of trouble. Anyone know the location of a decent pub (one that does food?) with a good sized car park?

Christian, I've still got your money here dood, I text'd you too have you got my number? Your's was always off when I tried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yea as I said I'd be happy to travel if its a decent turnout.

Ooooh , all of 1.5 miles from my house ! excellent ! I might even walk .................. NAH! LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Im up for some karting action, not sure how many ppl we will need tho also means that some 1 will have to properly organise it.

[ QUOTE ]
pure said:
I vote Jimbo to organise both :p

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got my vote jimbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well I'm free for that weekend you can count me in,

Oh an Jimbo you got my vote mate.

So when are we meeting at the Boddington Arms for Jimbo and Greg to sort out the karting? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I should be okay for the 4th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Karting will be tricky to sort out, we'd need at least 10 teams, 4 ppl per team /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif And it is £50 ish per person.

That would take time sorting out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I've got a lot of work on at the mo too, else I would try and do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have recently got vag-com too, but the works laptop I have is a bit pants, batteries only last a couple of hours, so if any1 has a laptop (with serial port) and doesn't mind having the software loaded on for the day, I will bring the cable and software etc.

So you can see if there are any errors on your car and log boost, air intake temps etc etc. I can email u the logs when I get home if u like.

Is there a specific time on the 4th ?

Anyone got directions or postcode for the Boddington Arms so I can do an autoroute.

I have a lappy with serial port if your struggling - thats if no one minds an A4 turning up.

Many moons ago (in my younger, sillier days) I used to run the Club GTI (NorthWest). We tried a few places and found the best to be at Winwick nr Warrington M62 jct 9 or 10 and M6 jct 21a. Central to Liverpool and Manchester with occasional visiter from Yorkshire.

If your coming from Wariington say downthe m56 , come off at the wilmslow/hale exit and follow signs for wilmslow , through the airport tunnels , keep following the road for another mile or so and you'll see an esso (ithink) on your right , the boddington arms is about 200 yards on the right from there, cant miss it , its a travel-lodge type thing too.
Hope that makes sense

Jim

Shall we say 1pm ? Leaves time 4 people to get there , and not too late for a spot of lunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

....might just get time to give it a quick wash first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Good oh

Will try and make it - thats if no one minds an A4 tagging along.

Is a lappy with a serial port still needed?

So how many people have we got? Will anyone be bringin mates?

I'm really looking to see what difference chipping makes to the 150bhp lump but i'd be very interested if you were happy to take me for a spin to see what she's like? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
no probs mate !

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, cheers Jimbo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif