North West Meets

shineydave said:
how about asking the location of all who are interested in attending then picking somewhere central, no point picking a location if it's miles away for most people.

Ok then, in the true spirit of democracy, where is everyone who is interested in attending based?

I'm in Littleborough, J21 off the M62.

P.s. Preston is fine by me.

I would be interested in a meet. I am based in Crewe in Cheshire.

Preston looks ok. 62 miles away. Sunday is the best day for me but I am busy the 8th, 15th and maybe 22nd of July.

Count me in, depending on work and child care etc. :icon_thumright:

I live just outside Blackpool so Preston looks great to me but I'm willing to travel within reason.

shineydave said:
if you're in littleborough how come you don't come to the RS246 meet up at the white house then

Because I didn't know they existed :confused:. When are they, or more importantly, when's the next one?

Im a prestonian so it would be fine with me! To be honest anywhere would be!

Smoke Breather said:
Another option = Old Nells Tavern, St Micheals Rd, Bilsborrow, Nr Garstang, Preston, PR3 0RS.

Same again really, massive car park, nice big beer garden on the canal bank, good food and even better beer, ice cream parlour for the kids. About 2 miles from the M6 so easy to get to for us all with plenty of fast A roads and twisty lanes close by. Its also closer to me than Halifax! ;)

Put the post code in Google Earth and you'll find it, 100 yards before the junction of St Micheals Rd and the A6. You couldn't find a nicer place on a warm sunny day

Sounds cool to me....i'll be there......anyone know when the next one is going to be? Hope its nice weather....so i can give it a gool ole' detailing before-hand.

Either's OK by me - don't mind a run out. 15th's OK, 29th's out though - at Santa Pod that weekend.

So have we decided on the Old Nells Tavern as a location then or are we gonna give it another week to see if more options are thought of?

Smoke Breather said:
So have we decided on the Old Nells Tavern as a location then or are we gonna give it another week to see if more options are thought of?

It's the easier of the two for me so I'm up for it.

:racer:
Funky_Junky said:
Because I didn't know they existed :confused:. When are they, or more importantly, when's the next one?

Monday – 16 July
Monday - 20 August
Monday - 17 Sept
Monday - 15 October
Monday - 19 November

Time- Approx 7-7:30pm

the last one was monday, we had 5 S4's, 2 S2 coupes, RS2 Avant, A8 W12 and a couple of RS6's
usally a few S3's and RS4's as well but we're getting into the holiday season

^^^Oooooooooooooh that list looks tastey!!!

I wonder would some1 be so kind to take me for a spin in a new RS4 (If one turns up). Ive been wanting to go in one for ages...problem is, i dont know anyone with one....damn......why aint RS4's common like M3's.....TUT..TUT...TUT

shineydave said:
:racer:

Monday – 16 July
Monday - 20 August
Monday - 17 Sept
Monday - 15 October
Monday - 19 November

Time- Approx 7-7:30pm

the last one was monday, we had 5 S4's, 2 S2 coupes, RS2 Avant, A8 W12 and a couple of RS6's
usally a few S3's and RS4's as well but we're getting into the holiday season

Cheers Shiney, i'll be joining the one on the 16th July :)

I'm new to the site i would like to come to the meets i'm live in the burnley area and i have an S3 willing to drive, if there is one soon could you post it on the site, cheers Matt

See above.....

Littleborough is not that far for you to come to the monthly monday night meets, 16th July is the next one.

Do you get a good turn out for this ??? Might have a look if ive got time.
See if Beddie wants a drive out too.

curley said:
Do you get a good turn out for this ??? Might have a look if ive got time.
See if Beddie wants a drive out too.

forgetting someone curley................:bye:

Sorry Stevey, S'pose you can come with us if you wanna..
ps.. You coming to the ring then???

HA cheers mate. Just online booking my stuff for the ring now!!.

Im already giddy about the whole thing, just hope the weather is kind.
:jump: :w00t: :thumbsup:

shineydave said:
with a bit of luck i'll have one of HobsonS4's homemade back box replacement pipes on for "evaluation purposes"

i'll bring the noise meter for some comparisons

I'll suppose that's just to find out how noisy gordens RS4 is..... and how far down the hill you can hear him (and the car)

This seems to have gone a bit awry - am I right in thinking the RS246 meet is going to be the NW meet too or was that just a one off? Not got a problem with that, don't get me wrong - not going to pass up an opportunity to drool over some nice RS models!

Did anyone actually turn up at the Old Nell's? I couldn't make it unfortunately.

no, we have a monthly RS246/Tyresmoke meet on the 3rd monday of every month. Anyone is more than welcome to turn up.....

Pedantic I know, but the northern meets were actually started by AL B when he was a moderator on here :) so they are originally audi-sport.net meets ;)

Anyone going the Oct 15th meet, am thinkin i might be able to go... unless something in work goes wrong!!!

anyone around wirral interested in meeting and driving up together...?

righty o.. well i work in manchester (salford quay's), am due to finish at 8:30pm but am gonna see if i can finish a little earlier... is that any good for you... do you know where your going cus i dont!!!

Update:
Soz am working til 8:30 mon so not really worth going at that time... gonna try and do next one tho!