Non S-line to S-line bumper

Bigjase88

Reaction score
I have a Pre facelift A3 Sport 5dr sportback and i have just bought a Pre facelift S-line front bumper to fit to it.

i don’t have parking sensors neither does the new bumper. I am unsure if i have headlight washers but it looks as if i do / they are maybe just fake covers. Can these fake covers / headlight washers if thats what they are be swapped directly non sline to sline?

what is required to change over to the s-line bumper as right now the bumper is a bare shell

so questions i have

The foglights look different so i think i will have to source s-line foglights and grills? Are the plugs different?

im assuming my standard main grill will just change over. Also the sline bumper is missing the lower bottom grill will have to source that too? Unless the non sline bumper has a lower grill that i can swap?

Do i need different bumper mounting brackets?

do i need a different undertray to marry up to the sline bumper?

are the arch liners different and will i need to source sline varients.

here are pics of my car and the bumper i have bought!
I looked for ages for pre facelift in solid black without sensors in good condition, if the bumper is okay will just fit as is or if not will get painted, at least will just need a quick blow over

Thanks

Just to update this

i have purchased, sline foglights, sline foglight surrounds, sline undertray front part that connects to bumper (appears different)

also the bottom grille the sline has 3 slats and the non sline has 4 slats so also purchased one of those.

I’m hoping the fake washer covers are interchangeable. They look the same! And i will be using my stock grill. Its a gunmental grey with chrome surround, i like that the chrome ties into the window surrounds and the gunmetal grey still looks okay i don’t think an sline black main grill would be worth the outlay.

The costs to this are mounting up

Genuine 2nd hand bumper £207
After market fogs £55
After matket fog light grilles £45
Lower bumper front grille £45
2nd hand Sline front bumper to undertray plastic £45
Side bumper small grilles £21 each

so far
£439

and the bumper has a scuff so a repair to that and we are £600 ! (expensive)

The bumper is on.

the non sline main grill does fit, it is not a perfect fit along the bottom where it meets up with the sline bumper but once on the car you can’t notice, so the sline and non sline grills differ ever so slightly

foglights i just used the bulbs from my old non sline bumper as they were the same fitment. Headlight washer covers are fake and are plastic welded into place, managed to cut these off from the rear of the original bumper with aid of a stanley knife and glue into place on the new bumper.

around 3-4 hours work i would say, hands are also cut to shreds.