Non-approved tyre sizes

K313

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just after a little bit of advice. I'm looking to get the Michelin Crossclimate+ (225/45 R17 94W) fitted to my Audi A3. I was looking at the recommended tyre pressures on the side of the drivers door and couldn't see this type of tyre listed for pressures.

Would it be suitable to fit these and where could I get information on the correct tyre pressures for this size?

Thanks

I would go with these listed Audi Canada A3 recommended tyre pressures for 225/45/17 all season 91H rated, yours are 94W and should be of no concern.
1.8 litre petrol engine 32F 29R partial load full load 39F and R

2.0 litre petrol or diesel engine 33F 30R partial load full load 41F and R

Above is for saloon and Ditto for Diesel 2.0L Sportback only. I have no listing for Petrol sportback as that was not sold in Canada.

I trust that some Sportback petrol owners will chime in, as they will be different pressures.

Reactions: K313
Hi guys,

I am just after a little bit of advice. I'm looking to get the Michelin Crossclimate+ (225/45 R17 94W) fitted to my Audi A3. I was looking at the recommended tyre pressures on the side of the drivers door and couldn't see this type of tyre listed for pressures.

Would it be suitable to fit these and where could I get information on the correct tyre pressures for this size?

Thanks

Phone up Michelin. I'm not kidding. They have customer help desks. I've phoned the twice over the years. Once when wanting to fit a slightly wider tyre to my then Subaru Impreza STI PPP. And again when a local tyre fitter fitted Porsche rated tyres to my then MK1 Focus RS.

They're extremely helpful, and obviously know their stuff.

Which car is this? I'm pretty sure my 2013 Sportback has 225/45 R17 as its standard size, and I'm equally pretty sure that there's an entry on the door sticker for that size.

I've also got a feeling that they might have increased the recommended pressures since mine was built, I'm assuming to improve fuel economy. I just go with what my car's sticker says though, and they seem to wear pretty evenly - just a tiny bit more in the centre than the edges.