Nokia N95??

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Going to phones 4u Today after work thinking of getting the N95 I prefer nokia’s To any other brand this phone any good?

Cheers

They are really good phones, i think i'll be changing mine for one soon just wished they werent so bulky.

and rubbish battery life

IMO get a samsung or sony :icon_thumright:

quite frankly, there isn't.

you have a choice of big and bulky with lots of features, or nice, slim and light but with fewer features.

Probably going to dump my n73 for a W880i. Loads lighter, but worse video quality and worse cam :( but lighter and slimmer.

sony ericsson phones are simply brilliant - samsungs are terrible and will almost definately break.

If you can hold off a couple of months there are some really tempting sonys coming out that are a reasonable size and have loads of features to boot

not the one I have :(

I have the new samsung slider, the really slim one.. nice size but **** phone IMO
REVIEW-2308-5a47a5818dc8c5ea1a98824692171f17.png

I currently have the U600 too.
It's my fourth Samsung (D500,D600,D900,U600)
No problems with any of them,hence the brand loyalty.
I dunno if I would say the U600 is any better than the D900,but I don't think it's ****.
It's slimness is appealing though,as it slips into a shirt pocket without looking like you've grown a breast.
I wanted an N95,but it's like a housebrick compared to the U600.
I also know a bloke who's on his third one,so that put me off.
I don't like exposed keys (so old school),so Sony Ericssons are out for me.

silver75 said:
not the one I have :(

I have the new samsung slider, the really slim one.. nice size but **** phone IMO

I've got the D900 and I've not had any problems with it. Will be upgrading soon to possibly U600.

I know its not as clever as the Sony Eric (whatever the latest one is K810i?), but I agree with bowfer, brand loyalty. :icon_thumright:

Ming Blue said:
I know its not as clever as the Sony Eric (whatever the latest one is K810i?), but I agree with bowfer, brand loyalty. :icon_thumright:

Until one of them lets me down that is,at which point I'll switch sides like an Italian soldier.

I just recently got the N95 and so far so good. Havn't been able to figure out the navigation thingy yet, but have gmail and opera already installed. it is a bit bulky though, and sometimes a bit slow (although my old phone was much slower already)

Just be careful with the screens on the N95, they break very easily as they have NO protection. Make sure you have insurance!

Right well just picked my N95 Up pretty impressed with it compared to my N73 it’s a lot faster.

Any-one know how to put the tom tom software on it?

Cheers

Jason

LOL what was the point in asking our advice if you were just going to buy the phone anyway? :confused:

Nokia cannot yet make a decent sliding phone that only operates in 1 parallel, they tend to get worn and the sliding part goes in multiple directions.

Just got the N95 myself as I cant resist the gadgets..The video playback is stunning and plugging it into the tv is cool but A4Quattro is right..the slider wil break in the bottom left hand corner. Mine is already loose and my mate at work has been through 3 phones already with this problem.. Im gonna buy that gay looking see-through case to protect the screen. Il see what it looks like when it arrives from ebay...Dissapointed they didnt put a nicer finish on the front plastic cover! A metalic grain finish would be nice. Still its PIMP!

I've got an I-Mate Jam it was a bargain (wish I'd got the K-Jam though, the lack of the keyboard on the Jam is a pain in the ****!) I don't think I could go back to a 'normal' phone. Only problem is the touch screen can get marked very easily so can't really put it in my pocket, unless its the only thing in the pocket, so have to carry it round in the very, very gay belt case!

rusty1983 said:
Just got the N95 myself as I cant resist the gadgets..The video playback is stunning and plugging it into the tv is cool

That's hardly a new function,or peculiar to the N95.
Samsungs have had direct TV connection for videos,pictures and even MP3 playback for years now.

LOL what was the point in asking our advice if you were just going to buy the phone anyway?

I read through all the comments and purchased one after. I felt the N95 was still the best phone on the market at this current time.

Has any-one who has the N95 figured out the GPS on it yet?

Got one for sale if anyone is still after N95. Boxed as new. Chec the classifieds

:think: Bowfer, erm how do you hang up on the U600? I thought you had to close the slider but nothing happens, and then it keeps locking itself?