noisy power steering pump

ste91

Reaction score
Hi
Bought my first Audi a4 2.0tdi s-line on Friday and its started to make a loud squeaking noise coming from pas pump only had to move the steering wheel a inch to the left or right and the noise starts

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Is it the pump itself or could it maybe be the drive belt?

But the power steering fluid is a bit low so going to top it up and bleed the system see if that works

If it's above the minimum I can see that giving you a problem other than the question of why it's low?

What colour is the fluid, nice and clear I hope?

I will ask th engineers at work for suggestions tomorrow if I can find any old school guys. We engineer eps so may not have any hps experts left now!

Although there's lots of knowledgeable members on here so hopefully someone in the know will chip in

if you could a sound clip may help diagnose further? Does it stop when you're on them move?

Oh by the way I see you joined today, welcome to the forum :grinning:

If it's above the minimum I can see that giving you a problem other than the question of why it's low?

What colour is the fluid, nice and clear I hope?

I will ask th engineers at work for suggestions tomorrow if I can find any old school guys. We engineer eps so may not have any hps experts left now!

Although there's lots of knowledgeable members on here so hopefully someone in the know will chip in
Managed to sort out the problem the power steering fluid was a funny colour so so changed it for fresh and bled the system.seems to be fine now

Glad it's sorted. Likely it'll turn bad fairly quickly if it's anything like the wife's car. No matter how many times we change that fluid it keeps turning a nasty shade of grey/black

Glad it's sorted. Likely it'll turn bad fairly quickly if it's anything like the wife's car. No matter how many times we change that fluid it keeps turning a nasty shade of grey/black
Mine was like a orange colour it was only quarter full