Noisy central locking ....

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone else had this ? Noticed it a few times now when unlocking the car first thing in the morning but this video is taken using the global unlock button on the interior release. Seems only to be coming from the drivers door I've read posts on other Audis suggesting it's air operated and could be the pump ?

This is probably the only part of my car still covered by a warranty lol but if it's a fairly cheap part that needs replacing then I'd rather do it myself as I'm self employed and time is money and all that. Doubt I'd get an R8 courtesy car that would make it worthwhile for sure! Anyway here's the video ......

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Sorry can't help you out there Rob other than saying it sounds well knackered...:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Sounds like a dalek being tortured!! lol

Nope, never heard anything like that Rob but if anyone can fix it you can ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68

Sort of like Jim'll Fix It....but we won't go there...lol

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person

Cheers both ;o)

Yeah sounds like there's a rodent of some kind living in there !!

Might go in for a bit of exloratory surgery at the weekend ;o)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Simon L
l liked the phrase.."This is probably the only part still covered by warranty.. lol..Pmsl...l am sure you will get it sorted mate..keep us informed to thee cause....

Reactions: azibux1, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Anyone else had this ? Noticed it a few times now when unlocking the car first thing in the morning but this video is taken using the global unlock button on the interior release. Seems only to be coming from the drivers door I've read posts on other Audis suggesting it's air operated and could be the pump ?

This is probably the only part of my car still covered by a warranty lol but if it's a fairly cheap part that needs replacing then I'd rather do it myself as I'm self employed and time is money and all that. Doubt I'd get an R8 courtesy car that would make it worthwhile for sure! Anyway here's the video ......

Hi Rob, last time I heard something like that it turned out to be a fautly solenoid on my previous cars boot release.

Best to get it looked at / take a look yourself knowing how much you enjoy pulling your car apart

Regds
Jungle

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Hi Rob, last time I heard something like that it turned out to be a fautly solenoid on my previous cars boot release.

Best to get it looked at / take a look yourself knowing how much you enjoy pulling your car apart

Regds
Jungle

Hi Jungle,

I think you're right mate. I'm pretty sure the solenoid is incorporated into the latch moulding so it'll likely need a new latch I think so I'll book it in for as soon as there's a courtesy car available usually 10-14 days wait.

Also have my Blackvue connected to my cars wifi so will effectively be able to spy on them which will be 'interesting' ;o)

ATB,
Rob

Reactions: Jassyo06, jungle650 and pburv
Cool would like to hear how you get on.

Mines in next week but it's not been half as bad this week with the cooler weather.

Reactions: pburv
It's booked in for tomorrow they rang me to remind me today just as well they did!

Maybe they'll try some WD40 first but I think long term it needs a new door latch.

Will update tomorrow.

Reactions: pburv
Booked in for mid week next week. I'll also post update as soon as. Mines now intermittent too, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
Remember to post the video of them working. Will be interesting viewing. Hope it gets sorted. What's this cool weather you talk about??!

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and slicko4211
Remember to post the video of them working. Will be interesting viewing. Hope it gets sorted. What's this cool weather you talk about??!
There goes the summer!....lol

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68

LoL summer has resumed and so has the squawk !!!

There goes the summer!....lol

Haha curse of the commentator !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
LoL summer has resumed and so has the squawk !!!

Haha curse of the commentator !
It's called 'Karma'....lol:whistle2:
It's been 78 deg in the workshop today.....I'm absolutely knackered.....
raw

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scottyg and Rob2k68
It was 27 in my back garden. Recovery from surgery in this weathers great! :friends:

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
It was 27 in my back garden. Recovery from surgery in this weathers great! :friends:
It was 41 degrees today in the Dominican Republic lol as l type this post, l am supposed to be midway across the Atlantic at 41k feet but l ain't because me flight home was delayed a full day l won't get home til Wednesday afternoon now....jeezo lol

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Rob2k68
It was 41 degrees today in the Dominican Republic lol as l type this post, l am supposed to be midway across the Atlantic at 41k feet but l ain't because me flight home was delayed a full day l won't get home til Wednesday afternoon now....jeezo lol
That's really tough luck...'Said in a really sarcastic tone'....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
Yeah, getting there. Still got a numb right bum and dead left thigh! Hopefully ease off. At pain clinic tomorrow.
@jassyo06 strangely we were delayed a full 28 hours coming back in 2003. Put up in a hotel that was mince! Parents had to empty our old house as that was my moving day. Oops.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Wheels for the day (or two) .....

Steering wheel is too thin, blind spot detection (side assist?) works well but the star of the show so far is the 7 speed box.

Reactions: pburv, Daveotto and Jassyo06
Wheels for the day (or two) .....

View attachment 93488

Steering wheel is too thin, blind spot detection (side assist?) works well but the star of the show so far is the 7 speed box.
Don't you dare mod that car lol yiv only got it for a shift lol

Reactions: Max-Robbo, azibux1, pburv and 1 other person
Yeah, getting there. Still got a numb right bum and dead left thigh! Hopefully ease off. At pain clinic tomorrow.
@jassyo06 strangely we were delayed a full 28 hours coming back in 2003. Put up in a hotel that was mince! Parents had to empty our old house as that was my moving day. Oops.
Luckily for us Scott we are in our same room as we've had all holiday

@Scottyg Pleased to hear that the recovery is going well

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Rob2k68
its a hard life!!!!

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Don't you dare mod that car lol yiv only got it for a shift lol

LoL I really want the gearbox out of it !!

Dashboard is quite nice too with a digital screen between the analogue dials nice half way house between analogue and full VC.

Reactions: Scottyg, pburv and Jassyo06
LoL I really want the gearbox out of it !!

Dashboard is quite nice too with a digital screen between the analogue dials nice half way house between analogue and full VC.
I really do like the A6 classy car indeed Audi are giving out 22% on these car's but way too big plus ye don't get big discounts like that for nothing.. New one coming soon

I really do like the A6 classy car indeed Audi are giving out 22% on these car's but way too big plus ye don't get big discounts like that for nothing.. New one coming soon

It's a very lush drive mate, could see me driving one of those when I'm 50. Ooooopppss !!! Better make that 60! ;o)

Reactions: Scottyg and pburv
Vaguely back on topic. If we think we have problems with our little niggles bear a thought for my wife.......

Less than 2 year old Mini One (ca. 11,000 miles on the clock) taken in under warranty for a what appeared to be rattling gearbox and turns out to be a major crankshaft bearing issue and having a new engine fitted.

Apparently its major known issue with loads of New Mini's having engines replaced in the last year or so...don't you just love BMW

Reactions: pburv, slicko4211 and Rob2k68
Vaguely back on topic. If we think we have problems with our little niggles bear a thought for my wife.......

Less than 2 year old Mini One (ca. 11,000 miles on the clock) taken in under warranty for a what appeared to be rattling gearbox and turns out to be a major crankshaft bearing issue and having a new engine fitted.

Apparently its major known issue with loads of New Mini's having engines replaced in the last year or so...don't you just love BMW
I can beat that one mate...The missus done a factory order on a Seat Leon FR 2nd week in January this year..Seat in their good wisdom decided to omit park assist in build week 9...The missus took del at the end of May.......Wait for it...... No front sensors fitted ...Grrr...So after a lot of haggling we decided to accept the car provided they retrofit front sensors....Ok now here is the good bit...They took three attempts to fit the sensors all failed...So now she has been offered a new build with park assist plus fitted free of charge ...She will be collecting it at the end of July.In the mean time she is using her old/new car until the new/new one arrives...We had an email showing what it's going to cost Seat Uk in total and it's just over £9000....:wtf:.
Don't you just love Seat....:footy:

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob2k68
I can beat that one mate...The missus done a factory order on a Seat Leon FR 2nd week in January this year..Seat in their good wisdom decided to omit park assist in build week 9...The missus took del at the end of May.......Wait for it...... No front sensors fitted ...Grrr...So after a lot of haggling we decided to accept the car provided they retrofit front sensors....Ok now here is the good bit...They took three attempts to fit the sensors all failed...So now she has been offered a new build with park assist plus fitted free of charge ...She will be collecting it at the end of July.In the mean time she is using her old/new car until the new/new one arrives...We had an email showing what it's going to cost Seat Uk in total and it's just over £9000....:wtf:.
Don't you just love Seat....:footy:

Ouch, I know what it's like to get something not built to order unfortunately.

But to design and build a car that needs a new engine after a years average mileage is something else. looking at the forums it seems it was all breaking news around the time of VW "emmisionsgate" so BMW must have managed to keep it well under the radar

in this case "first world problems" are "big end problems"

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv

My wife's Mini One is in for service on Monday and they have to complete 3 recalls on it. One they said they needed it for 2 days. Can't do it this time round as she needs it for work the next day so will sort it out when we're on holiday in July. Bet it's something to do with the above???

My wife's Mini One is in for service on Monday and they have to complete 3 recalls on it. One they said they needed it for 2 days. Can't do it this time round as she needs it for work the next day so will sort it out when we're on holiday in July. Bet it's something to do with the above???

Will let you know how my wife's engine replacement goes, at least she got a nice new 5 door Mini Cooper to play around with.

Already found that the sports sets are so restrictive that they impair steering and I am not a big chap

Cheers Dave. Her cars been faultless for near on two years. Although it is a rubbish skip on wheels! :puke2::boxing::haudrauf::gun2:

Cheers Dave. Her cars been faultless for near on two years. Although it is a rubbish skip on wheels! :puke2::boxing::haudrauf::gun2:

You sure you are not married to my wife....inside of her car is so bad I feel I need a shower every time she gives me a lift anywhere, as for the outside, I think its pepper white

Yip, pepper white here as well. Spooky.

However, that wee 1.2 engines a peach.

You sure you are not married to my wife....inside of her car is so bad I feel I need a shower every time she gives me a lift anywhere, as for the outside, I think its pepper white
You better hope she don't read these posts..lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daveotto and Scottyg
Booked in for mid week next week. I'll also post update as soon as. Mines now intermittent too, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New door latch fitted and no more annoying squeak - result !!!

Reactions: slicko4211, Scottyg and pburv