Noisy Brakes

Scott Petrie

Reaction score
Does anyone else find that there brakes sound like when you've just washed the car or its been sitting in rain all night? Mines are like it all the time, but my dealer insists its probably surface rust after its been sitting. But this happens constantly. Is this normal for audis as Ive never had it before on any other car?

Reactions: MikeParkin
Yeah mine did it but I've replaced the brakes now but I still get it on the rears and there new ha.

Mines now done 31k & am really conscious of the noise made when braking. The rear discs although not worn out yet have really become grooved (fronts seem ok) wondering if anyone’s had replacements under warranty. Surely this is a materials issue rather than just fair wear & tear.

Mine too, I can feel it through the pedal as well. I assume it's a different brake pad material they use these days.

My car has only covered 16k and the rears were very rusty and scored badly.

So am I flogging a dead horse or has anyone actually had their discs replaced under warranty?

Well a warranty claim is highly unlikely as it's a wear and tear item so I would say no. Chances are that there's been none hence no reply.

Tried it on mine. As a good will gesture i got Audi labour for £50 and I supplied the Brembo discs and pads. Wont entertain warranty for discs and pads as has been eluded to.

Well the fronts are fine, think the tec said 20% at my last service & 40% for the rears, surely they’re designed to reach minimum spec & if not they’ve failed prematurely?