Noise when turning left low speeds???

S3baddaman

Reaction score
I just recently changed the drop links on my S3 and solved a knocking problem. But the next day I get in the car pull off my drive slowly almostfull lock left turn and a really loud horrible screaming noise can be heard from the front driver side. It sounds like brakes with no pads.
The cat has just passed its MOT new pads and discs fitted all around

Wondering by fitting new drop links have a disturbed the geometry of something and now something else needs replacing?

IV been told it could be the power steering fluid
Steering rack
Anti roll bar bushes

Has anyone had this kind of experience and what did you do to solve it.

Please help makes me want to burn the car the sound is that ear piercingly horrible

No power steering fluid, steering is electric.

Turn the wheel almost full lock left when stationary and look to see if anything is rubbing.

Bushes wouldn't make a metal on metal screaming noise. Neither would the steering rack. I'm thinking more along the lines of drop link touching driveshaft when at a certain angle

Checked the drop links for touching and there is no touching the car is only lowered slightly on the front really confused right now

If it was fine before you did the job, and started making the noise after you did the job, then whatever you did has caused the problem. It has to be.
Best thing you can do is remove everything and double check your work, you may have fitted something the wrong way around and it looks fine at first glance, but removing it and double checking might highlight the issue.