Noise when turning full lock right

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Morning all. I noticed I have a noise when full lock right it’s like a rubber noise

found this video that sounds the same as mine

hopfully someone has had similar and know what it was. To me sounds like mounts or something

for being a Audi it’s now having its fair share of issues. Think the time might be near for a new motor

thanks

Sounds like somethings touching. I’d stick my head underneath at full lock (stationary) and see if there’s touching.

Check both sides. Check front and rear, could be the offside rear as it’ll have different loading to the other wheels.

When does the sound go? At what part of the lock?

Sounds like somethings touching. I’d stick my head underneath at full lock (stationary) and see if there’s touching.

Check both sides. Check front and rear, could be the offside rear as it’ll have different loading to the other wheels.

When does the sound go? At what part of the lock?
deffo nothing rubbing and the sound only happens on full lock. my Pads need doing is it possible it could be something to do with that when on full lock ?

audi done my gearbox seal maybe they’ve over tight done the cv boot clip ?

audi did pick up that the inner control arm bushes on both sides have a small split in them but surely that wouldn’t be the cause of that noise ?

Last edited:
deffo nothing rubbing and the sound only happens on full lock. my Pads need doing is it possible it could be something to do with that when on full lock ?

audi done my gearbox seal maybe they’ve over tight done the cv boot clip ?

audi did pick up that the inner control arm bushes on both sides have a small split in them but surely that wouldn’t be the cause of that noise ?
It does have a rubber sound to it. Not sure about the gearbox theory.

To me it appears to be related to the stresses caused when the wheel is full lock.

Have you tested this full lock turn out on normal surfaces? I know my car squeaks when driving in a multi storey due to the slick surface they have on the concrete.

It does have a rubber sound to it. Not sure about the gearbox theory.

To me it appears to be related to the stresses caused when the wheel is full lock.

Have you tested this full lock turn out on normal surfaces? I know my car squeaks when driving in a multi storey due to the slick surface they have on the concrete.
Yeah I have. I noticed it with the window down when turning onto the drive The video above is off YouTube that sounds identical To mine.

im a little stumped to say the least. Nothing is rubbing on the wheel from what I could see. i Did noticed today it does happen just before full lock say quarter of a turn before going onto full lock.

the other half said the other side also makes the noise just not as loud

Did you get this sorted?

Mine is making a rubber kind of skipping vibration on full lock.

I'm suspecting the tracking is off and the tyre geometry isn't 100%, causing the noise

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Did you get this sorted?

Mine is making a rubber kind of skipping vibration on full lock.

I'm suspecting the tracking is off and the tyre geometry isn't 100%, causing the noise

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

nah mate still there. hasn't caused any issues