Noise has dissapeared

James_Audi

Reaction score
So I went in and had my S3 looked at as it was developing a creaking, knocking noise from the front. The chap couldn't find anything wrong in terms of cracked ARB sleaves or worn bushes etc. The noise carried on for about a month and now has gone altogether.

No noise when pulling away from first or going over sped bumps etc. Im hoping that this is could be a good thing??

This had developed into a very loud noise mostly heard when setting off in 1st or reversing at low speeds i.e getting the car moving.

Does it feel like the wheels are locking up?

Also, if you try and turn on full lock are the wheels dragging??

If so it could be to do with the Haldex, if you do a search there is quite alot of info on this, it could be as simple as a blown fuse or a broken earth strap at the bottom of the car.

Thanks Nilz. It basically sounded like something was rattling/creaking when the car initially gains momentum (terrible description I know). Moving on full lock seems to be ok and currently I cant here feel anything. There was a slight knocking I could feel through the steering wheel but have not had that recently.

So it would seem. If only other aspects of the car would fix themselves too.

LOL....easy as that!!

Keep an ear out and just see how you get on.