Noise from under the bonnet

Aber-AUDI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have noticed a noise coming from under the bonnet when I release the gas pedal. It sounds like a bag of nails/scrapping sound coming from down by the divers foot well. The car is a 1.9 tdi 130bhp. I notice it most if I drive in 4th gear accelerating from 1500rpm -3000rpm and release the pedal suddenly.
Any ideas on what this could be? I'm hoping it's not the turbo.

thanks,

Gavin.

Im afraid its more or less the turbo, I had exactly the same issue at first I put up with it but after a few months -(after trying a through clean of the turbo itself first just in case it was filled with carbon deposits) decided to replace the turbo as it just got worse and worse you could actually hear it spining down
If you decide to replace the turbo then I can recommend a fantstic company whos prices are very very competitive and excellent service. :icon_thumright:

is it just under load or if rev the engine

If you decide to replace the turbo then I can recommend a fantstic company whos prices are very very competitive and excellent service. :icon_thumright:

pm me details i need a new turbo!!!

how did you find out its your turbo mate just so i no what to look for

What sort of prices are we looking at for new a new turbo vs getting it reconditioned?

What sort of prices are we looking at for new a new turbo vs getting it reconditioned?

about £700 from audi and from around £200 - £400 recon depending on what needs replacing and the company you go with!!!!!

i would rather go for one that someone has used before!

Thanks for the responses.
I thought it may have been at fault, it’s going in to the garage for investigation next week.
I will update you on the findings.

Simon – it happens under load, but I only hear it once I lift off the accelerator. As the turbo must be spinning I guess.

what sort of noise is it mate i have a what sounds like a heat shild vibrashon sound

http://www.prestigeengine.co.uk/ is where I got my recon turbo from cant say enough about there help and delivery times the cost was extremley competitve (my personal opinion) cost was £359+vat and del anywhere in the UK . Also come with 12 month warranty.