Noise from brakes when car isn’t moving ?

Audicfc

Reaction score
My brakes are making a kind of groaning/ creaking noise when the car is not being driven and the sound goes away when i press the brakes or put the hand brake on, it happens when the car is on mostly flat ground with very slight slopes facing forward or back, usually if in nuetral the car would move slightly but the car won’t move in neutral and thats when the groaning/ creaking noise would start but if the slope is steep enough the car would roll forward or back when left in neutral with no brakes applied, could this be a sticking calliper or the brake pads just sticking to the rotor ? I will show photo of my front brakes as the back brakes look fine

Attachments

• 67F4B485-6F4B-4114-A8C7-D5F7F646057D.jpeg
    67F4B485-6F4B-4114-A8C7-D5F7F646057D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
  • F5399B9B-2F9C-4D4F-8F86-BEF907B9430A.jpeg
    F5399B9B-2F9C-4D4F-8F86-BEF907B9430A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
It doesn’t happen all the time but has been doing it a lot more now since the weather got colder, sometimes happens when i take off handbrake after car has been sitting over night and sometimes the steering feels a bit heavier aswell

It doesn’t happen all the time but has been doing it a lot more now since the weather got colder, sometimes happens when i take off handbrake after car has been sitting over night and sometimes the steering feels a bit heavier aswell
My brakes are making a kind of groaning/ creaking noise when the car is not being driven and the sound goes away when i press the brakes or put the hand brake on, it happens when the car is on mostly flat ground with very slight slopes facing forward or back, usually if in nuetral the car would move slightly but the car won’t move in neutral and thats when the groaning/ creaking noise would start but if the slope is steep enough the car would roll forward or back when left in neutral with no brakes applied, could this be a sticking calliper or the brake pads just sticking to the rotor ? I will show photo of my front brakes as the back brakes look fine
Uuuff , very rusty .. it needs proper refurbishment...
The real sound is coming from pistons becuse they don't detach or retract properly from pads. Piston still touching metal shield on pads and making noise..
It does same for me but only when cold.. once it is warmed up it stops a bit but still retracts slowly and that's why brakes whistling because when piston touches metal shield on pads it resonates .. You can remove pads and apply silicon lubricant on pad's shield, should help a bit.
I will be doing full calipers refurbishment in summer.. will replace pistons and old gasket rubbers inside.

Reactions: Audicfc
I’ve already had to replace one of the rear calipers about 2 years ago due to getting stuck, doesn’t sound like the calipers are very good on this model 2014 1.8 a3 with the electric handbrake, my last 2011 1.4 a3 never had one problem with the calipers or brakes up till i sold it at 88k miles, my current a3 is only on 48k and has much more problems with it already