No V Power in Scotland, What do i use ?

Audi Dynamik

Reaction score
Hi,

Im going up to Scotland in May and there is no Shell Stations round the area i am staying.
I used to run my Car off Tesco Momentum 99 and when i got it remapped it started hesitating whilst accelerating hard at motorway speeds. When i run my car off V Power it does not hesitate When i run it off Tesco 99 it does.

I was just wondering when i go to Scotland would it be better for me to put Bp Ultimate 97 in or Tesco 99 ?

Thanks in advance.

Where exactly are you going. We do have shell stations up here to you know. They even have v power. And if u r lucky the station will have electic and you won't need to hand pump. He he he

Up in your neck of the woods Riggs do you not still use paraffin in the street lights ;-)

On a serious not quite a few places up here do vpower and I have always found BP ultimate diesel is good in mine.

I thought that myself john,
Im going to killin for a week, nothing much to do there but there are a few places around we can go to, Oban, Perth, Stirling etc..
The Shell Stations are abit out of reach of where i am staying but as i visit Perth there is a Bp and a Tesco i could go to, there is one another 15 miles further up the road from Perth which i cant really justify going to just for some fuel !

Ive never had any probs with Tesco 99 in any of my cars might have been a bad batch.

I was using it for a while though, me and riggs had the same problem running it off tesco 99 didnt we ?
Its because the car is putting out loads more power out than standard and me and riggs both have the same Remap just doesnt seem to respond to Tesco 99 for some reason :0
There is Shell V Power in Scotland but no where i will be staying ! Typical.

Last edited:
Reactions: riggssuzuki
You are totally justified in going the extra miles for what you want.Give bp a go first though.Must admit i much prefer shell although im an oil burner.In all honesty id carry a 10 litre can in the boot just in case...you dont want to put sainsburys muck etc in.

I was using it for a while though, me and riggs had the same problem running it off tesco 99 didnt we ?
Its because the car is putting out loads more power out than standard and me and riggs both have the same Remap just doesnt seem to respond to Tesco 99 for some reason :0
There is Shell V Power in Scotland but no where i will be staying ! Typical.

Absolutely.ø I can feel a marked difference in the way the car runs if i put Tesco Momentum in it. IT normall takes a couple of tanks of VPower before it feels nice n smooth again.

Absolutely.ø I can feel a marked difference in the way the car runs if i put Tesco Momentum in it. IT normall takes a couple of tanks of VPower before it feels nice n smooth again.

while your up this way, you should go to Grangemouth and watch them filling the tankers up with the same fuel ;-)

Reactions: Brodster and shariain
If 15 miles out of your way is too far to go i guess your not travelling much while your there? Find the last shell on the way through and brim the tank, then you shouldnt need to refuel again?

I have a Shell site PDF somewhere and a gpx file, but when i went to scotland using it was a joke, i went to three supposedly shell sites after inverness and none of them exsisted!

I may try Bp for abit then.
Yeah i will be travelling around in the Car allot because where i am staying there is nothing to do. I will top up on the Motorway with V Power before i arrive and see how it goes i suppose.

There is a shell station in Perth if your going there?

I just use normal unleaded in mine and have no problems with hesitations, it runs perfect thankfully because petrols expensive enough as it is without having to use v power all the time.