No turn by turn voice for navigation

Methu

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2011 Audi A4 B8 with MMI 3g basic. When I first purchased the car, the turn by turn navigation was working great and was providing me with clear directions. But recently, it has stopped working. The directions near the speedo and the map are fine, but the voice instructions has disappeared. Thanks for your help.

Would playing music while having the navigation on stop the voice guidance? If so, would the voice guidance work when the radio is turned off?

The thing is it was working before i transferred all the data from the cd to an sd card. I then used the sd card to load up the navigation and everything worked fine other than the voice guidance. So i thought the problem was with using the sd card, but when i tried to load the navigation with the cd again, the voice guidance had disappeared.

Also, if i have music playing in my car during navigation, the voice guidance still will work right?

You can Enable/Disable the Voice Guidance via the MMI and set its level, maybe loading it via a different source Disabled the VG?
I don't have my VG enabled as I use the turn by turn in the DIS.

Reactions: Methu
You can Enable/Disable the Voice Guidance via the MMI and set its level, maybe loading it via a different source Disabled the VG?
I don't have my VG enabled as I use the turn by turn in the DIS.
Yep i realised this was the problem!! Thanks! Pressing the SETUP button while in the nav menu brought up an option for nav guidance, which was turned off. Turning this on solved the problem!

Reactions: scotty76, AshA4 and Smir
Thanks for sharing the solution. So often these threads dead end.

Reactions: Methu
Good Comment Scotty .... I’ve exactly the same issue with my Q5 yesterday ! My son transferred the navigation data from the CD to a 32GB SD card a couple of days ago and yesterday when I fired up the satnav - it was “Silent” Just popped out to the Q5 and did exactly as Methu did ..... Success 1st time
Thanks to the forum and “Methuselah” ☘️