1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

No tax disc now .. anything to fill the space?

Rupert49 Mar 14, 2015

1. Rupert49

Rupert49 Registered User

Very soon none of us will have a tax disc to display in the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen, so I got to wondering if this was something that people welcomed, or perhaps the absence of that little piece of paper in the peripheral vision might make you feel like something's missing?

Personally I now fill the space with my National Trust membership sticker .. it's exactly the same size and shape as a tax disc and it too changes colour every year.

Just to be clear though, I actually hate stickers in car windows. I would always rip out the dealership sticker from the back window when I took delivery of a new car (although happily on this occasion the Audi guys had more good taste than to apply one in the first place) but since the tax disc used to be obligatory, I'm OK with the NT sticker in its place!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Scott

Scott Registered User

4. Dtwm1

Dtwm1 Registered User

Tax discs went ages ago. The holders are great for holding hobnobs etc

Psyman79 likes this.
  5. monopole

monopole Guest

6. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

7. h5djr

h5djr Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I use the space for my German UmWelt sticker, which indicates that my car meets the necessary environmental standards to allow me to take it into German cities.

8. Rupert49

Rupert49 Registered User

What are you saying? No really ... what are you saying, please?

9. Rupert49

Rupert49 Registered User

10. steeve

steeve Registered User

Why an earth do you have an unnatural desire to fill the space where the tax disc was (seeing as you could have binned it months ago) ?

Rejoice in the improved vision and the new uncluttered look.

Kalashnikov likes this.
  11. sunscreemer

sunscreemer Back with the 4 rings

Ha ha, as soon as I saw the thread I was going to suggest a National Trust parking sticker! In truth I hate stickers in the window. A first for me has always been to replace my tax disc holder with a smart aluminium one to match the car. I'll be happy with a clear screen in future :)

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. jaypers777

jaypers777 Registered User

Very soon, car tax disc holders will be retro and those still displaying them will be held in the same contempt as those who dangle toys from their rear view mirror. And remember, these are people who can't drive very well. :racer:

14. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Furry dice spring to mind .... :(

So 70's darling :laugh::laugh::laugh: