No suspension options in 'individual' drive select?

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2018 RS3 saloon, i'm very sure has magride. When I change between comfort and dynamic, it is noticable.

In the "Individual" options menu for drive select I have:
  • Gearbox
  • Steering
  • Quattro
  • Engine sound
But no suspension options. I found this after watching some RS3 youtube videos where reviewers said for UK roads setting everything in "individual" to dynamic except the suspension was the best setup.

What am I missing?

(also side note: I have TPMS but can't find the menu that displays tyre pressures either)

Hi all,

My 2018 RS3 saloon, i'm very sure has magride. When I change between comfort and dynamic, it is noticable.

In the "Individual" options menu for drive select I have:
  • Gearbox
  • Steering
  • Quattro
  • Engine sound
But no suspension options. I found this after watching some RS3 youtube videos where reviewers said for UK roads setting everything in "individual" to dynamic except the suspension was the best setup.

What am I missing?

(also side note: I have TPMS but can't find the menu that displays tyre pressures either)

If you have magride it’ll be in individual options list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf, is there a quick way to check?

8cd8d3c7ea136d2220ef16b35ee00bd5.jpg

I just checked MyAudi and it was specced with Sports suspension

Fuming

That's pretty sarcastic.

I'll setup myaudi and find the spec list

What’s sarcastic ? You asked how to know if magride is fitted.

What’s sarcastic ? You asked how to know if magride is fitted.

Sorry I replied when all your images didn't load on my end. Couldn't work out how to delete the post quick enough

It never had magride, i'm sure it was sold to me as having magride.

Last edited:
Sorry I replied when all your images didn't load on my end. Couldn't work out how to delete the post quick enough

It never had magride, i'm sure it was sold to me as having magride.
That’s a shame mate, a friend of mine recently bought a 2018 RS3 with Audi sports exhaust, wasn’t until I spotted chrome pipes I had to tell him it was the standard exhaust! He did get a rebate of around £800 though from the dealer.

Re the mag ride I had the opposite, Audi dealer told me it wasn’t spec’d (pre reg car) but I then spotted it in the individual settings as @T-1000 mentions and it’s also listed on the MyAudi app under the options list, pleasantly surprised!

Hope you still enjoy the car mate, I don’t think mag ride is night and day in my experience but I would always spec it where possible as living here in the country it helps on these roads!

That’s a shame mate, a friend of mine recently bought a 2018 RS3 with Audi sports exhaust, wasn’t until I spotted chrome pipes I had to tell him it was the standard exhaust! He did get a rebate of around £800 though from the dealer.

Re the mag ride I had the opposite, Audi dealer told me it wasn’t spec’d (pre reg car) but I then spotted it in the individual settings as @T-1000 mentions and it’s also listed on the MyAudi app under the options list, pleasantly surprised!

Hope you still enjoy the car mate, I don’t think mag ride is night and day in my experience but I would always spec it where possible as living here in the country it helps on these roads!

Similar thing with me, Audi listing did not mention sports exhaust. Picked the car up and had black tail pipes. Safe to say I did not pick them up on their error lol.

I bought it second hand and I SWEAR it was advertised with magride. Weird thing is, this car has every sodding option: SS seats, pano roof, sports exhaust, B&O... everything perfect spec ... exept magride. That's alright though, I don't have to worry about whacking some coilovers on now. Just a pain, I could've got some £££ off! Also I like the idea of magride; bit of a shame.

Reactions: Riko0073
Oddly on the TPMS front, I only have the option to "store tyre pressures", there's no live diagram for actual pressure ?!

Oddly on the TPMS front, I only have the option to "store tyre pressures", there's no live diagram for actual pressure ?!

Indirect TPMS.

If you have Direct TPMS then the module is at the rear of the car Right hand side (drivers). Just forward of the rear bumper if you look up.

Your valves should look like these if installed
88b7730313eb8f7c4c30730353387af7.jpg

I bought it second hand and I SWEAR it was advertised with magride. Weird thing is, this car has every sodding option: SS seats, pano roof, sports exhaust, B&O... everything perfect spec ... exept magride. That's alright though, I don't have to worry about whacking some coilovers on now. Just a pain, I could've got some £££ off! Also I like the idea of magride; bit of a shame.
I would try check the advert, if it was sold with mag ride then that’s false advertising and I’d be looking to get some money back like my mate did with the exhaust!

It might have been sold with "Audi Sport Suspension" which is a standard feature.

My TTRS is the same as yours - sport suspension (not mag ride) and only indirect TPMS - not worried though, it detected a 3 psi drop in tyre pressure and flagged it up.

It might have been sold with "Audi Sport Suspension" which is a standard feature.

My TTRS is the same as yours - sport suspension (not mag ride) and only indirect TPMS - not worried though, it detected a 3 psi drop in tyre pressure and flagged it up.

I had Indirect on my PFL RS3, cost me a front tyre as it didn’t detect pressure loss while the car was sat overnight. By the time I realised I’d got to work and the tyre was knackered when removed.
In the FL Had several Direct TPMS warnings upon moving the car 5 ft out of the garage which saved the car driving on the punctured tyre, I know which I prefer.......

I had Indirect on my PFL RS3, cost me a front tyre as it didn’t detect pressure loss while the car was sat overnight. By the time I realised I’d got to work and the tyre was knackered when removed.
In the FL Had several Direct TPMS warnings upon moving the car 5 ft out of the garage which saved the car driving on the punctured tyre, I know which I prefer.......

Are you driving near to a nail factory?! Only ever had two punctures in 20 years.

Are you driving near to a nail factory?! Only ever had two punctures in 20 years.

Just an unlucky spell. It happens I suppose.

My point is that the Direct TPMS reacted before any actual driving damage was done.
Driving on a badly inflated tyre ruins the sidewalls and in my experience the Indirect TPMS was too slow to react to the change in pressure.

Reactions: D0C
I would try check the advert, if it was sold with mag ride then that’s false advertising and I’d be looking to get some money back like my mate did with the exhaust!

Yeah I can't find the original ad, it wasn't an Audi Approved or anything. I guess that's life, lesson learned.

Reactions: Riko0073