No sound

leedsutd79

Reaction score
Got my new A6 45 TFSI S Line delivered today. Developed a fault whilst being driven to me. No sound from the MMI system on any of the inputs, radio, bluetooth or phone. Very frustrating!

I've tried resetting the MMI unit by holding the volume button down, no luck. Its being picked up by the local garage on tuesday to be looked at.

Any suggestions to try in the interim? The fuse for the volume control seems fine.

I guess obvious bits are to check volume on the various feeds. Is the mute light showing on the dash ? The little roller when on the right hand side of mine will mute if pushed.

Otherwise it sounds like a loose connection / fuse.

Sorry if teaching to suck eggs!!!!!!!!!!

As above, I guess if everything on the MMI is working apart from the sounds then its most likely something to do with the amplifier (if its separate).

I'd be loathed to touch anything and give Audi a bit of a hard time on Tuesday saying they've delivered a faulty car to you which simply isn't good enough. The cynic in me would probably say it was broken before they delivered it but they say it happened on the way to you to save face and buy themselves some time

Reactions: Whimsy
I'd just let Audi sort it, after checking volume/input levels first.
Makes you wonder how it made it through quality control.
I'd tell Audi customer services about it, mentioning it has taken the shine off the occasion.

So it has decided to fix itself! Not sure what that was all about.

Besides this niggle, it's a lovely car, different animal to the S5 it has replaced but a very nice place to sit and nippy enough.

Reactions: DaveW
I'd just let Audi sort it, after checking volume/input levels first.
Makes you wonder how it made it through quality control.
I'd tell Audi customer services about it, mentioning it has taken the shine off the occasion.

Do Audi UK actually do anything in these cases ?

They sent me a bottle of champagne once, because of problems with my text dictation licence on my old A6

When my 2014 A6 brand newly released S-Tronic box failed after just 235 miles, I got £250 of vouchers to spend on merchandise! It ended up having a whole new box fitted.