No RS3 orders being taken

Straight away what stands out to me is the "367ps", that could be a clause which they could pull out with straight away if the 395hp engine reaches the RS3 down the line...

I agree with @AudiNutta. It's an odd label to use. In reality I don't think you have a deal that will stick with all the current unknowns until you can get "or equivalent MY2017 product improvement" in writing as per verbal. Good luck! Watching with interest.

Test drove an A45 today. Utter pants. Have a car available RS3 with my spec with 2400 discount.... It's now or never

I looked at both the pre-facelift A45 and fave lift A45 and each time was unimpressed ... & bought Audi's on both occasions.

So you going for the RS3 then .... spec / colour ?

You won't be disappointed :sunglasses:

Test drove an A45 today. Utter pants. Have a car available RS3 with my spec with 2400 discount.... It's now or never

Wow that's a big decision. I'm still undecided as the build slot I can get is still available big I'd be gutted if I placed a deposit and a month later they announce the FL.
If I was you I'd be pushing for more discount at this stage before you made a decision. What you thinking today?

Reactions: Radman
@AudiNutta I saw in another thread that you have a deposit placed against an RS3. What exactly did you agree with your dealer? That they would put you at the top of the pile as soon as the order books re-open? Was there anyway to specify FL only? Is it refundable? Interested to find out

Wow that's a big decision. I'm still undecided as the build slot I can get is still available big I'd be gutted if I placed a deposit and a month later they announce the FL.
If I was you I'd be pushing for more discount at this stage before you made a decision. What you thinking today?
He has gone to £3100 discount. Car available and someone else interested at the moment. A phone call will secure it apparently I have thought long and hard about this one. FL or no facelift, this current car is a classic and even after facelift will be sought after as are RS4's now. I'm 95% there I reckon

I looked at both the pre-facelift A45 and fave lift A45 and each time was unimpressed ... & bought Audi's on both occasions.

So you going for the RS3 then .... spec / colour ?

You won't be disappointed :sunglasses:
Sepang, black pack, black gloss wheels, red callipers, privacy glass, SS seats, RS design pack, sound and dynamic pack folding black mirrors.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I'm 95% there I reckon
Based on what we've seen with A3/S3 FL, you would only wait if you really wanted:

virtual cockpit
MIB-2 (CarPlay/Android Auto)
tweaked automation/safety tech
matrix LEDs
dynamic indicators and other cosmetic revisions
saloon

(did I miss anything?)

Of course, this is assuming what we've seen in the A3/S3 will carry across to RS3 without too much further variation.

Reports of the updated engine make sense but really, what would this mean? Will they de-tune it to help upsell TTRS? Will >26kg be noticeable on turn-in? Will anyone you know at the pub care about a sub 4sec 0-62? Will you be seriously buzzed having whatever whatever ends up being the latest & greatest?

Then, once you've decided whether any (or all) of the above matter, decide is it worth prob £8k+ more than this car and a 6m+ wait?

It's great that you have a choice but I'm not sure I envy your situation! :)

Sepang, black pack, black gloss wheels, red callipers, privacy glass, SS seats, RS design pack, sound and dynamic pack folding black mirrors.

You can't get the RS3 and not have it in Nardo. All the other colours do not compare!

Although the more i wait for news on the RS3 the more chance i got of changing my mind, i have always been a rear wheels drive BMW guy but liked the idea of the grip and traction of the Quattro RS.

I have been looking and can't help but fall in love with the BMW M2, I am actually going to give the dealer a call and see the deals on these as BMW normally offer better deals that Audi on the sports range.

Anyone have any info regarding comparing the M2 with the RS3?

Let me know what you all think?

You won't get an M2 this year or early next, orders full and no dealers taking any more at the moment. Certainly no discounts being offered. You will easily get £7000 off an M4 plus contributions if interested.
RS3 orders supposed to reopen in August. Only unknown is saloon announcement date.

"Of course, this is assuming what we've seen in the A3/S3 will carry across to RS3 without too much further variation."

It also assumes they will facelift the sportback and not just wait until the saloon is released in the USA in Aug 2017 ;)

TX.

Nice spec, very similar to what I'm getting. Why wait!

Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin

Great spec & colour ... & bear in mind sepang has been dropped from S3 facelift so might be last chance to get this paint for regular money too.

One other thing which is now standard on the S3 is the 7inch screen and LED interior lights. They will certainly be on the RS3 FL. I would guess that the virtual cockpit may be standard on the RS3 as the TTRS has it but it will be an option on the S3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing which is now standard on the S3 is the 7inch screen and LED interior lights. They will certainly be on the RS3 FL. I would guess that the virtual cockpit may be standard on the RS3 as the TTRS has it but it will be an option on the S3.

Virtual screen is standard on the entire TT range so of course it is standard on the TTRS ... so no guarantee it will be standard on the RS3 facelift next year.

I think virtual cockpit will be an option when the RS3 Product Improvement model is added to the configurator in a couple of months time. All the other announced changes will be on the RS3, why wouldn't they as the car is just the top A3 model.

Will be interesting to see what spec will be available on the new RS3 but the 7inch screen and new engine is a selling point to me

You bought it yet rad man?

Just know the post is coming

Just my luck Audi sold it from under me and your off to order a m4 lol

Stop arsin about and get it.

Reactions: Radman, AudiNutta and Jassyo06
Lol he's probably still at the dealer now. What discount is achievable atm? I remember someone saying the other week that little discounts are available right now.

Deal done. Pick up on Thursday.

Reactions: 45bvtc, R55ENS, jimojameso and 5 others
Ooo lucky man!!! Bet you're not going to sleep from now till then. Haha ;-)

You bought it yet rad man?

Just know the post is coming

Just my luck Audi sold it from under me and your off to order a m4 lol

Stop arsin about and get it.

Just called the BMW dealer and the guy told me with a 5k deposit i can have an M4 for £650 a month. Really think my mind has slightly changed towards the BM, rear wheel drive after all in the car to be in for thrills! M4 is in another bracket so i think that might be that!

That wasn't even going in there and negotiating a better price. I am going Saturday to drive one and hopefully see what he can do in terms of my 2.5k extra's might even get it all in for that!

They make M4's on demand, I was told to forget about getting an M2. They are only releasing 1900 in the UK over the next 3 years!

Audi are kind of making my mind up for me. I still love the Nardo!!!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I think virtual cockpit will be an option when the RS3 Product Improvement model is added to the configurator in a couple of months time. All the other announced changes will be on the RS3, why wouldn't they as the car is just the top A3 model.
That's only a few months away, why haven't we even seen a test car buzzing around?

TX.

Just called the BMW dealer and the guy told me with a 5k deposit i can have an M4 for £650 a month. Really think my mind has slightly changed towards the BM, rear wheel drive after all in the car to be in for thrills! M4 is in another bracket so i think that might be that!

That wasn't even going in there and negotiating a better price. I am going Saturday to drive one and hopefully see what he can do in terms of my 2.5k extra's might even get it all in for that!

They make M4's on demand, I was told to forget about getting an M2. They are only releasing 1900 in the UK over the next 3 years!

Audi are kind of making my mind up for me. I still love the Nardo!!!

Bud the M3/M4 is in another bracket if you are talking about being unable to get the power down without the back end slipping away.It will be brilliant now until Sept but after that its an unruly beast though I've heard the new comp pack is a bit better in that regard.
There is 10K discount to be had off M4 comp packs at the moment without having to negotiate so it is a lot of car for the money.
Both great cars but RS3 for everyday driving and all weather driving does it for me.
Plus they don't do M4s in Nardo:hi:

They might not be doing the new RS3 in nardo as a free paint when the details are released. I've seen a nardo Q2 which indicates that it will be available across the range now as a standard paint option.

Deal done. Pick up on Thursday.

Big congratulations .... You will absolutely love this car :sunglasses:

& for sure beats waiting till next year for one ... & no doubt base price will be higher & significantly less or little discount. So a good deal now is a bonus too.

Without doubt a great decision and lucky to find a great spec car :yes:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Radman
Big congratulations .... You will absolutely love this car :sunglasses:

& for sure beats waiting till next year for one ... & no doubt base price will be higher & significantly less or little discount. So a good deal now is a bonus too.

Without doubt a great decision and lucky to find a great spec car :yes:
Thanks mate.

Off to dealers this morning. Be good to get a look at this car I haven't even see yet

Nice one! Was it a car they had in stock or from another dealer?
It was a cancelled order. Absolute fate really. Exact spec I wanted and a couple of extras. I just couldn't wait any longer to be fair mate. No doubt the FL may look better etc but both cars look the nuts. And I have only ever seen one RS round here in the last six months so it's not like it's a focus RS

It was a cancelled order. Absolute fate really. Exact spec I wanted and a couple of extras. I just couldn't wait any longer to be fair mate. No doubt the FL may look better etc but both cars look the nuts. And I have only ever seen one RS round here in the last six months so it's not like it's a focus RS

Wow! I'm made up for you as I'm in the same position as you in a way. My head says wait for the FL but my heart says get one now lol! Like you say both cars are amazing. Are you going there today?

I really really really want one too... trying to justify the cost to both the wife and my sensible side is harder than i thought!!! Haha

Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin
Bud the M3/M4 is in another bracket if you are talking about being unable to get the power down without the back end slipping away.It will be brilliant now until Sept but after that its an unruly beast though I've heard the new comp pack is a bit better in that regard.
There is 10K discount to be had off M4 comp packs at the moment without having to negotiate so it is a lot of car for the money.
Both great cars but RS3 for everyday driving and all weather driving does it for me.
Plus they don't do M4s in Nardo:hi:

Yea I think I might be able to take them down a bit. I am hoping I can get them down to like a 3k deposit and £650 - £700 a month loaded with my extra's,

I would love the RS3 in Nardo but if an M4 was availbale at the same price i honestly believe it's a bit more of a car. I understand where you are coming from with the winter months. Four wheel drive makes the bad weather good weather!

If they made a Nardo M4 i would be in heaven but i still love that M4 Blue!

It all comes down to money, i'm not loaded and it is so difficult to get a good deal on the RS3!

Thanks

I think thats exactly it ....... both PFL & FL are / will be great cars in their own right :yes:

Wow! I'm made up for you as I'm in the same position as you in a way. My head says wait for the FL but my heart says get one now lol! Like you say both cars are amazing. Are you going there today?
Signed. Pick up Thursday. Do it mate.

Reactions: jimojameso

Reactions: jimojameso, 45bvtc, Buzz73 and 8 others