No RS3 orders being taken

So do we not think that and RS3 sportsback will be available ever again?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I believe they will be available again, I have a feeling though talking to many people at Audi UK and at various dealerships that the A3/S3 will be facelifted during build week 22, then the TTRS and RS3 Sedan will be available later on in the year.

RS models are regularly halted in production, look at the 4 and the 6. They have very little priority in the grand scheme of things.

Audi will want to repeat the cycle of the current RS3.

Build up hype, create long waiting lists, give zero or minimal discounts ....... audi's job sorted :)

Plus this way, the TTRS will get the exclusive hype of its mark III launch and publicise the revised 2.5 litre engine.

Then a few months down the line, repeat this with the re-introduction of the face lift RS3 sportback and / or Saloon.

I’ll try to brainstorm from my experience in an automotive OEM.

Some logical arguments are that they have taken the RS3 production line down to:

a. Update it to match the new changes to the A3/S3 platform e.g. Headlights etc Didn’t the same happen with the RS6?
b. Update it to cater for the fact that they are going to offer both a sport back and saloon RS3.

Even though it’s a smaller/lower capacity line, so easier to stop/start, all that RS development will be have been $$$, no way they have sold enough units to cover that yet.

It does make sense that they update the production line now. The facelift changes are presumably minimal and require little to no re-testing (headlights, cluster, different grille / bumpers etc) That way they facelift the whole platform at roughly the same time and keep the flagship RS3 in line with the A3/S3 changes.

Even if it takes the new TT RS engine, which is also understandable if they have spent $$$ on a new 2.5 engine. All the testing/durability etc will have been completed by the TT program, so there would be no foreseeable delay there.

I don’t see them only offering a saloon RS3. It’s a way too big of a move both due to the history of the SportBack, the positive market response of the new RS3 SB and lower demand for the saloon variant.

I’ll try to brainstorm from my experience in an automotive OEM.

Some logical arguments are that they have taken the RS3 production line down to:

a. Update it to match the new changes to the A3/S3 platform e.g. Headlights etc Didn’t the same happen with the RS6?
b. Update it to cater for the fact that they are going to offer both a sport back and saloon RS3.

Even though it’s a smaller/lower capacity line, so easier to stop/start, all that RS development will be have been $$$, no way they have sold enough units to cover that yet.

It does make sense that they update the production line now. The facelift changes are presumably minimal and require little to no re-testing (headlights, cluster, different grille / bumpers etc) That way they facelift the whole platform at roughly the same time and keep the flagship RS3 in line with the A3/S3 changes.

Even if it takes the new TT RS engine, which is also understandable if they have spent $$$ on a new 2.5 engine. All the testing/durability etc will have been completed by the TT program, so there would be no foreseeable delay there.

I don’t see them only offering a saloon RS3. It’s a way too big of a move both due to the history of the SportBack, the positive market response of the new RS3 SB and lower demand for the saloon variant.

I like your thinking on this one as it does make sense to update it at the same time as the A3/S3.
You are right, this did happen at the same time as the RS6 so I can't understand why this is different? Surely they would want to keep selling the RS3 as a facelift with the A3/S3 and then introduce the RS3 sedan later.

Everyone is missing the one glaring fact in this situation and that is that Audi didn't mention the RS3. They didn't just forget, they made a conscious decision not to release any details on the RS3 road map. This speaks volumes in my opinion.

Reactions: 45bvtc
They haven't mentioned the RS3 so that they can build the hype. Every educated person knows it's coming and Audi are just building on that.
Everyone is missing the one glaring fact in this situation and that is that Audi didn't mention the RS3. They didn't just forget, they made a conscious decision not to release any details on the RS3 road map. This speaks volumes in my opinion.

They haven't mentioned the RS3 so that they can build the hype. Every educated person knows it's coming and Audi are just building on that.

Ooookaaayy... I guess I am uneducated then...

Reactions: Radman

What does it say to you then?

I think you will find the A3 FL mule first appeared at the ring about 6 months ago and well before Audi confirmed its existence. The same happened before the 8V RS3 was announced; initially seen as an S3 in Feb 2014 and as an RS 3 in April 14 - about a year before press cars were available in the UK.

No sight of an RS3 8V FL anywhere near the ring to date. They are still testing the TTRS and that has a confirmed existence. The V6 RS4 has been seen within the last 2 weeks, and that's not due for UK sales until 2017.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

I doubt we will see any sight of one until they release details as it will be all behind closed doors.

I think you will find the A3 FL mule first appeared at the ring about 6 months ago and well before Audi confirmed its existence. The same happened before the 8V RS3 was announced; initially seen as an S3 in Feb 2014 and as an RS 3 in April 14 - about a year before press cars were available in the UK.

Valid points, however a facelift will not undergo the same testing and development as a new platform / model. Seeing the RS3 test mules etc in 2014 makes sense development and testing wise, it was a new car.

Updating the headlights and adding a +10bhp engine calibration does not mean that the S3 needs full re-testing / to be hammered round the ring again (could have already happened in a non-FL S3 too) That calibration is so minor they could just run the durability cycle on a internal test rig etc.

Updating the headlights and adding a +10bhp engine calibration does not mean that the S3 needs full re-testing / to be hammered round the ring again (could have already happened in a non-FL S3 too) That calibration is so minor they could just run the durability cycle on a internal test rig etc.

Have to disagree on that point - it is speculation that the power increase is just calibration changes; any changes to the engine will require extensive road testing; previous plus versions of RS cars (ie TTRS plus which had a 20 bhp tweak) were spotted at the ring. We have no idea of what internal/external engine changes may/maynot have been modified, even down to changes to ECU/sensors etc.

If it is just code/calibration changes in which case that should be possible to retrofit to a 8V RS3.

Regardless of a FL i really was looking into ordering one around August time! I was considering the A45 AMG but then have since fallen in love with the RS3... That 2.5 5 cylinder is the B******S, i test drive one last Sunday and did not want to get out. I will still test drive the Mercedes tomorrow but i think if the Audi is back available come August it will be the winner!
Just need an update to what is actually going on, i was told from my Audi dealer that production should only stop for around a month and orders will start to be taken. He will let me know!

Do we think that the car will remain the same then when the books re-open? I'm loving all the extras the A3/s3 is getting on the facelift like the 7inch screen and interior lights. It would be good to see them on the RS3.

Interior lights be good on mine I have standard and they are crap tbh wish I had upgraded them makes the car old inside need to see about changing them to leds

Maybe VAG are wielding the axe to deal with the repercussions of the emissions fiasco and niche halo models will be axed. Still no sign of prices for the S4 though it was announced a while ago.

Maybe that is the last RS3 then on this run and only sedan will be available?!

Interior lights be good on mine I have standard and they are **** tbh wish I had upgraded them makes the car old inside need to see about changing them to leds
Bought mine from Trups on here. For £20 They are exceptional and makes interior look so much better! Haven't done footwells tho but tbh not too bothered for them..can be done tho! :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Interior lights be good on mine I have standard and they are **** tbh wish I had upgraded them makes the car old inside need to see about changing them to leds
Mine has interior led's
clear.png
clear.png

TX.

Happy I purchased my Audi RS3 in October 2011 and VERY happy I still have my RS3 and will continue to 'have' my RS3
I-Like-It.gif

I don't think I could stand the waiting for something that may never arrive, though I expect it will, though in what guise no one knows; I mean, it could well be a
547.gif
moment...

I've managed to find a dealer with an available build slot so I could have a car around June / early July. I'm at a loss of what to do as I need Audi to announce what they will be doing!! Facelift with extra power or no facelift.
I'm in no rush and I'm happy to with until April 2017 if they announce something soon but if it will remain the same I'm happy to order now. Arghhhhhh!!!!

Reactions: Radman and AndyB-S3
Ooh that's a toughy.. tbh i would be happy with either.. am just tryin to convince the wife it's the best thing to do..haha

I've managed to find a dealer with an available build slot so I could have a car around June / early July. I'm at a loss of what to do as I need Audi to announce what they will be doing!! Facelift with extra power or no facelift.
I'm in no rush and I'm happy to with until April 2017 if they announce something soon but if it will remain the same I'm happy to order now. Arghhhhhh!!!!

I was in the same boat. I've took the gamble and waited.

Bought mine from Trups on here. For £20 They are exceptional and makes interior look so much better! Haven't done footwells tho but tbh not too bothered for them..can be done tho! :)
Quality what you change out on it Andy? Saw some posts saying the main roof light is a nightmare? Iv had stuff off him before for my b7 rs4 was spot on.

Quality what you change out on it Andy? Saw some posts saying the main roof light is a nightmare? Iv had stuff off him before for my b7 rs4 was spot on.
Both visors. Main roof and rear roof lights.. i stuck up a guide in a thread for this. Main roofnWas tricky to begin as i was doing it wrong but once figured out correct way it was literally 5mins and done!

Both visors. Main roof and rear roof lights.. i stuck up a guide in a thread for this. Main roofnWas tricky to begin as i was doing it wrong but once figured out correct way it was literally 5mins and done!
Think that's the one I saw cheers bud

So I was told by a dealership this week that Audi will occassionally stop production of RS models so it maintains the exclusivity. So as I couldn't order one to my spec I bought an RSQ3 instead. No mention of a facelift or otherwise or when production would restart

Subsequently found a brand new RS3 in blue at Southend Audi,if anyone is looking for one - no idea of spec though

Obviously dealership is happy as you bought a car. RS3 will be back for ordering in August. Incidentally the RSQ3 was face lifted recently along with the normal Q3's, much like the RS6 was recently, so I would take anything a dealer tells you with a pinch of salt as they want your money now, not in a couple of months.

Obviously dealership is happy as you bought a car. RS3 will be back for ordering in August. Incidentally the RSQ3 was face lifted recently along with the normal Q3's, much like the RS6 was recently, so I would take anything a dealer tells you with a pinch of salt as they want your money now, not in a couple of months.

Totally agree. I think they will announce details by July and orders will be taken in August.
It's strange why the RS6 & the RSQ3 got the updates at the same time but the RS3 didn't.

Hi guys, I just this moment had a call from my sales guy. I put a deposit down on an RS3 the other week before he trotted off on holiday. He called to tell me all was ok with the finance and the price quoted to me is secure, however, that he couldn't give me a build date as it is indeed being facelifted. He also asked if I was aware about the virtual cockpit as this will be a new option.

I appreciate some of this is likely to be guff, but thought I would relay what I was told.

I'm not overly fussed if there is/isn't a facelift, but I'd be amazed if they don't stick in the new engine.

Hi guys, I just this moment had a call from my sales guy. I put a deposit down on an RS3 the other week before he trotted off on holiday. He called to tell me all was ok with the finance and the price quoted to me is secure, however, that he couldn't give me a build date as it is indeed being facelifted. He also asked if I was aware about the virtual cockpit as this will be a new option.

I appreciate some of this is likely to be guff, but thought I would relay what I was told.

I'm not overly fussed if there is/isn't a facelift, but I'd be amazed if they don't stick in the new engine.

So I take it you have secured any discount you have on your order to be transferred over to your facelift order?
Did he give any indication as to when he thought you may get the car?

I'd be interested in a more detailed explanation of what you have done here if possible? Have you places an official order to Audi UK or is this between you and your dealer?

I am going to place a securing deposit on the 23rd, to ensure I will have a slot for March 2017 regardless of how busy they are. If you haven't actually placed an order on the system I like what you are doing, I may get a car built and battle for a discount and then follow this through to the facelift. But I doubt they will be keen on doing that, then any addition extras I add with the potential facelift would just be added onto the agreed price.

So I take it you have secured any discount you have on your order to be transferred over to your facelift order?
Did he give any indication as to when he thought you may get the car?

When I put my deposit down I was aware that there might be a FL, and he said my deposit would secure the price regardless, which he confirmed today. I have my order form, but of course it does have the model down as "Audi RS3 Sportback 367ps...", so I will believe it when I see it on my drive!

He said he couldn't give me a build date, but seemed to think he would know more next week. I'm a real sceptic usually, so we shall see. My gut feeling is positive though.

I'd be interested in a more detailed explanation of what you have done here if possible? Have you places an official order to Audi UK or is this between you and your dealer?

I am going to place a securing deposit on the 23rd, to ensure I will have a slot for March 2017 regardless of how busy they are. If you haven't actually placed an order on the system I like what you are doing, I may get a car built and battle for a discount and then follow this through to the facelift. But I doubt they will be keen on doing that, then any addition extras I add with the potential facelift would just be added onto the agreed price.
Just having a look at it now. It looks very fancy and detailed and states it to be a "legally binding contract", but I would say this is with the dealer. Their get out could be that it states the car as "Audi RS3 367ps" blah blah, but he's adamant if there is a FL that it will be ok. I been reading with great interest this thread for a while so will definitely keep you posted.

Just having a look at it now. It looks very fancy and detailed and states it to be a "legally binding contract", but I would say this is with the dealer. Their get out could be that it states the car as "Audi RS3 367ps" blah blah, but he's adamant if there is a FL that it will be ok. I been reading with great interest this thread for a while so will definitely keep you posted.
I would think your deal will be honoured with % discount but you might be waiting a bit of time for the car is the problem.

Reactions: D0C

Test drove an A45 today. Utter pants. Have a car available RS3 with my spec with 2400 discount.... It's now or never

Reactions: billyali86, 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin

Hm, interesting! Well I hope for you it comes through as promised, try and get it in an email from him rather than over the phone that the price is fixed. Then if it does change, you have it in writing that your order was at the fixed price and I am sure a threat to cancel may make them question what is likely to only be oil the hundreds off of the original agreed price.

Straight away what stands out to me is the "367ps", that could be a clause which they could pull out with straight away if the 395hp engine reaches the RS3 down the line, which if there is another RS3 it almost definitely will.

What I can't get my head around is how Audi have designed the TTRS to only be 0.1 of a second slower than the R8, that is a brave call. Obviously if you had the cash you would be going for the supercar, but they are offering near equivalent speeds at a 1/3 of the price!! The phenomenal 5 pot probably could have smashed that R8 0-60 time, but Audi would have had to held back off of that mark IMO haha.

Reactions: D0C and Radman