No reversing light or parking sensors

MintyUK

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 2004 3dr 2.0 TDI A3. Both the reverse light and rear parking sensors have stopped working. I do not get any beeps.

I have searched on the forum and so far I have done the following:

Checked the fuse
Replaced the small buzzer speaker in the rear
Replaced the parking control unit
Replaced the switch on the gearbox
Replaced the plug that connects to the switch
Checked the bulb

Still nothing, any ideas? Need to get it sorted before my mot next month.

Thanks all

Are these genuine audi sensors or aftermarket, from your post it sounds genuine, but has to be asked.

Are these genuine audi sensors or aftermarket, from your post it sounds genuine, but has to be asked.

Genuine factory fitted. I have felt each one but nothing from any of them. Cheers

Has anyone diagnostically tried to login to the car yet?

Has anyone diagnostically tried to login to the car yet?
Hi NHN

No not yet, I don't have vcds. That was my next step, see if anyone in my area (Cardiff) could scan the car for me.

Thanks

Yes that is the logical next step tbh.

Is there any water leaks from he rear washer pipe, any corrosion on the connectors of the pdc module, any wiring damage, did you put a meter on the reverse bulb wiring to check for any voltage, no dis warnings for light out?

Reactions: MintyUK
Not seen anything but I will check. No DIS warning for light out. Sure I put a meter on the reverse bulb but I will check again.
Many thanks NHN

have you retro fitted coming/leaving home lights mintyuk ?

Reverse lights are not part of the mot believe it or not. Not sure on parking sensors, but i'd assume that get's it's live feed from the reverse feed.

not an mot failure
ch/lh lights have the module under dash driverside, make sure plugs are all tight,remove and reconnect them see if that helps,reverse lights controlled from that module too.

Shot in the dark, but when my reversing light and parking sensors (powered off the bulb) stopped working in the same way as yours, I had to wiggle a cable.
It's inside by the gearbox. Had to take the gear surround off and put my hand down the left side of the gear stick. Couldn't see what wire I was wiggling (there's a few) but once I'd done that my reversing light worked again. I assume it was the cable from the gearbox sensor.

Like I said, shot in the dark, but might just sort your problem. Good Luck!

Get car scanned
But if not showing a bulb warning in the dis then the car isn't recognising it's in reverse

Check voltage on the CEM
Block F pin 6 "Reverse light switch "

Thanks for all the replies, I will try your suggestions and report back.

Hi all, car flew through the MOT thankfully although I still have this issue.

Managed to get the car scanned and had this error for the park assist:

Thursday,12,November,2015,16:18:36:62939

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8P0-919-283.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8P0 919 283 HW: 8P0 919 283
Component and/or Version: Parkhilfe 4-Kan H06 0020
Software Coding: 0000003
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435 000 00000
VCID: F8FF8E6B8B2610DE2C3-80AD
1 Fault Found:

00576 - Terminal 15
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 71
Mileage: 219475 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.08.26
Time: 18:10:57

I can post the full scan if needed.

Thanks all

Dear All,

I have exactly the same problems, when I put into reverse gear, my reversing light and genuine rear parking sensors don't work?

I have scanned with VCDS but I don't have any fault for parking sensors.

Also, I have changed the bulb in reversing lamps but nothing happened.

Car: Audi A3 8p facelift 2008

Do you get a beep at all, did you check the measuring blocks for the sensors?

Hi NHN,

I dont get beep from parking sensor, can you tell me location of that module then I can measure.

Thnak you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use vcds on your module to check if the sensors are registering obstacles, if so then it's possibly a faulty buzzer.

Kind of worthless without VCDS tbh.

But yeah, can tell out of experience (retrofitted front PDC+PLA) that if one small thing fails in the parkingsystem (PDC front/back etc) everything stops working.. So if your buzzers is not working the whole module will throw an error.

Do you happen to have START/STOP on your car? If so, does this still work? If so, your parkingaidsystem is fine.. Because start/stop is regulated in your parkingaid module.

Sometimes the buzzer will show as not faulty but doesn't make a noise.

The system maybe working still, as it's not doing the long beep on startup to say it's faulty & no fault shown, then I'd suspect the buzzer has a fault, but he needs to do more tests with vcds.

Reactions: henkkeumus
The system maybe working still, as it's not doing the long beep on startup to say it's faulty & no fault shown, then I'd suspect the buzzer has a fault, but he needs to do more tests with vcds.

Makes sense indeed.

Dear,

In which modul, I can check buzzer?
8b3f83dc732e8fae6d1315380cad0257.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dear,

I have solved this problem, my car was in a workshop regarding replacing a new flywheel, but the repairer doesn't back the connector which stays near to the gearbox.
When I was back this connector, everything has worked fine.
Also, 2 years since I have this car, I have found out that my parking sensors are not a genuine factory, therefore VCDS don't can saw him.

Reactions: henkkeumus
Dear,

I have solved this problem, my car was in a workshop regarding replacing a new flywheel, but the repairer doesn't back the connector which stays near to the gearbox.
When I was back this connector, everything has worked fine.
Also, 2 years since I have this car, I have found out that my parking sensors are not a genuine factory, therefore VCDS don't can saw him.

Reactions: shomi951