no rear washer

Birdy

Reaction score
since iv had my s3 the rear washer hasnt worked. the pump runs but no water checked the jet an its not blocked. is there a common place to look for split pipes as theres no water under my car so im worried it might be filling up in my car. anywhere i should check??

Also , I had the tailgate split pipe. But the main culprit for me was the drivers side front wing where there is a joint that had come apart and was persistently leaking out. This was bumper off and a pig to fix but do-able. Just got some replacement 4mm I'd silicone hose and clips and new joint.

sean

It can also leak underneath the subwoofer so check if the underlay around the rear wheelarch is wet inside the passenger side cubbyhole in the boot

thanks guys somthing to do tomorrow lol. i had it on my old golf and the pipe came apart inside the roof lining made a bit off a mess before i found where the pipe was leaking from so hope not to find any my sub swiming or somthing like that lol

Hey!

that's uncanny- that's exactly what's just happened to me!

Except I've got water ******* out of the passenger side rear of the car underneath (right underneath the subwoofer)

What's the best way to handle this AndyMac?? -have I got to take the whole interior rear panel off, or can I take the subwoofer out in situ? Autochanger first?

Thanks

JimP

The pipe sits behind the sub. Since I don't use them I took the cd changer and sub completely out! Trims all had to come out