No Quattro?

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi all,

My other half is looking to replace her A3 petrol Quattro with a new one. Looking for a black edition, lots of tech options and she really wants Quattro. Using the online build your car there is no option for petrol, and when we poppped into the dealer to enquire it was the same news.

Does anyone have any confidence they will be releasing one? (I’m sure they will be, but my other half is panicking as her current car is due to go back etc and she might just go for a fwd variant).

Cheers

I was originally after one of these, they are on the system (at least they were in December) but with at least a 24 week estimated wait until WLTP is sorted on them. I think it was a 40 TFSI Quattro.

They seem to operate red, amber, green - that spec was amber.

Reactions: recomdos
I built one in the quote thingy on carwow and all the quotes came back as 1.5 TFSI FWD models! Binned 'em.

Hi all,

My other half is looking to replace her A3 petrol Quattro with a new one. Looking for a black edition, lots of tech options and she really wants Quattro. Using the online build your car there is no option for petrol, and when we poppped into the dealer to enquire it was the same news.

Does anyone have any confidence they will be releasing one? (I’m sure they will be, but my other half is panicking as her current car is due to go back etc and she might just go for a fwd variant).

Cheers
I was talking to a guy from Audi a while back, they had one in their showroom that they couldn't shift! Reason: When people worked out the cost on a pcp they could have an S3 for around the same money, as the S3 depreciates slower than the 2.0 quattro. Maybe that's why they have stopped them?!?!

I’ve been looking at q3’s and you couldn’t configure a Quattro for a while only fwd and it’s only now you can do it. I’m guessing wltp is causing this and they are prioritising the more popular models first. SUVs at the moment is the most popular so I’m guessing it’s just wait it out if you really want one.

Thanks guys, I think it could be a combination of a lot of the things you have shared - WLTP, possible similarity in prices to the S3 when PCP configured up. Also agreed on binning the spec of a 1.5. So today we went back in and took out an S3 - was fun watching the other half being told to boot it, probably the slowest test drive the guy ever experienced. Typically the next thing we're sat configuring one and talking numbers. Way bigger numbers than we want to pay, but naturally a way nicer motor. It's a joke there's no quattro's easily available!

There's also the new A3 on the way, so Audi UK could be slimming the range down...