No postcode entry option in Audi navigation?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
In the Audi sat nav (SD card based) on my My18 A4 Avant, i can't seem to find any option to enter the destination by postcode? I thought Audi finally allowed entry of 7 digit postcodes on their sat navs? I know its probably easier to send destinations from the MyAudi smartphone app (which does accept postcode entered destinations) but would still like the option to enter them using postcode directly into the sat nav. Very surprised if Audi still don't allow direct postcode entries...

Just type it in the normal place for searching and it'll work? That's what I do, but you have to make sure you put the space where required or it doesn't like it.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Thanks, tried putting a postcode into the sat nav search bar yesterday and nothing came up. I may have been having a brain fart but I'll try again today.

Reactions: Daggerit
Thanks, tried putting a postcode into the sat nav search bar yesterday and nothing came up. I may have been having a brain fart but I'll try again today.

No worries. Give it a try and if it still doesn't work I can video my system to make sure that you're seeing the same thing.

Is our system not the hd nav in the s4 think it’s diff from the sd one.
Though on my rs3 with sd basic nav I could do post codes

No worries. Give it a try and if it still doesn't work I can video my system to make sure that you're seeing the same thing.
See I told you I was having a brain fart yesterday... I was trying to enter the postcode in the “enter destination “ box (duh!)

When selecting “enter address” the sat nav does indeed accept postcode entries and all is well. Though perhaps i should be forgiven as it’s my first ever car with a built in sat nav.

Reactions: Daggerit
In case it helps, I've now got used to simply pressing the "talk" button. Give it town and street and the nav comes up with your options including asking for the street number. I found by far the quickest way to do it.

Reactions: Feemy, WesT-gefül and psychopomp1
In case it helps, I've now got used to simply pressing the "talk" button. Give it town and street and the nav comes up with your options including asking for the street number. I found by far the quickest way to do it.
thanks for the tip, will try that next time!

I think you have to say "drive me to" first. It's much more convenient than twiddling and clicking the knob, especially if you're doing it while driving!

Reactions: Happy Grumpz and psychopomp1
Thanks for that tip.

BTW, I wasn't able to set the street number using the MMI wheel. Postcode and road name were set but no option to set street number. I just purchased a 2015 B8.5 three days ago, and it has the SD card based Sat Nav.

In my previous 2009 A4 I was able to set street number just fine.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Its the same on the B9, however the pre-facelift B8 platform's sat nav didn't support full postcode entry (allegedly Audi hadn't paid for the licence to use them) so my usual method of entry was town, street name and house number.

I haven't tried it but I assume it allows house number to be inputted if using the 'long' method.