No point to this thread.... Just saying I still love my S3

Great car. But it's subjective, fact he had to drive like a nob to get satisfaction said it all to me Craig. Why you so miserable all the time nowadays?!

I'm not miserable, far from it, I'm just realistic.
I've had many a car and the S2000 was one that had something about it.
The engine is a peach, it looks great, handles well (in the dry), and has bags of character.
I'd have another one.

Punk IPA is where it's at.

Reactions: Simon L
Innis & Gunn for me.. absolutely amazing and with it being scottish makes it all the better. Lol. :)

Reactions: Pulp84 and Simon L
The engine is a peach, it looks great, handles well (in the dry), and has bags of character.
I'd have another one.

.....which is all fine and dandy but I don't see how that makes the S3 a dull drive................just different.

Agree with you on the IPA though :sign yum:

I'd have another one.
I'll give you that - was a dream car of mine and have never even sat in one.

I'll give you that - was a dream car of mine and have never even sat in one.

Can have a reasonable mileage one for around £8k.
Prices seem to be stabilising on them, so could be almost depreciation proof motoring if you get a good one.
Or if you want a high mileage one, you can get it for around £4k.
Would only be suitable (for me) as a second car though.

Do it!

Reactions: batch
Can have a reasonable mileage one for around £8k.
Prices seem to be stabilising on them, so could be almost depreciation proof motoring if you get a good one.
Or if you want a high mileage one, you can get it for around £4k.
Would only be suitable (for me) as a second car though.

Do it!

Can't recommend one enough, have one as a project car, refurb the rims and a new tailpipe in the spring and it'll be finished. It's an absolute hoot!!

IMAG0977

Thread hijack over :grinning::grinning:......

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Simon L and Blackwhite
Can't recommend one enough, have one as a project car, refurb the rims and a new tailpipe in the spring and it'll be finished. It's an absolute hoot!!

View attachment 73333

Thread hijack over :grinning::grinning:......

I'm sure it's great fun as a second car as Craig said earlier but no way is it an S3 beater, at least not in terms of an overall package.

To me it looks too much like those ****** awful Mazdas everyone was driving a few years ago.......................at least everyone over 60 with a baseball cap that is!! Come on you've all seen them.............. ;)

Reactions: Daveotto and Steph67
Love my S3.

Look forward to driving it every time I am about to get in. And happy to walk up to it in the first place.

Very happy owner myself.

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and Simon L
Love my S3.

Look forward to driving it every time I am about to get in. And happy to walk up to it in the first place.

Very happy owner myself.
Everyone is knocking them, but I love mine. It's more of an event now with springs, Cantronic and the R600 going on too, but was great before anyway!

Reactions: G-S3, sjbarneS3 and Simon L
I'm sure it's great fun as a second car as Craig said earlier but no way is it an S3 beater, at least not in terms of an overall package.

To me it looks too much like those ****** awful Mazdas everyone was driving a few years ago.......................at least everyone over 60 with a baseball cap that is!! Come on you've all seen them.............. ;)

Lol do you mean the ones that wear the baseball caps with the brand of the car they are driving on it ?

After my S3 got rear ended I had to drive a manual Focus 1.8 Zetec for a week including stop/start traffic to work every day.

Got the S3 back and its like getting a new car again. It's not perfect, but what a car! Effortless to drive, gives you tons of confidence when you want to have some fun, and I didn't realise the exhaust sounded that good. Sure its no V8, but the focus is about as interesting as a fridge in comparison. :racer:

Reactions: Simon L, G-S3, sjbarneS3 and 1 other person
After my S3 got rear ended I had to drive a manual Focus 1.8 Zetec for a week including stop/start traffic to work every day.

Got the S3 back and its like getting a new car again. It's not perfect, but what a car! Effortless to drive, gives you tons of confidence when you want to have some fun, and I didn't realise the exhaust sounded that good. Sure its no V8, but the focus is about as interesting as a fridge in comparison. :racer:
But unfair to compare given the large difference in dosh

is a bit really. Although my ST was more fun than the S3, Cheaper too (Running for cover now!!!!!)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and veeeight
tescos is cheaper than Fortnum and Mason ...I know where I'd rather buy my quails eggs from!

Reactions: sjbarneS3
No real point to my post either, but I'm in complete agreement that I love my S3 too and can't see myself changing it for a long time unless circumstances force me to do so.

It does all I want of it and is just such a nice place to be for my daily commute :grinning:

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and Simon L
tescos is cheaper than Fortnum and Mason ...I know where I'd rather buy my quails eggs from!

You are a badge man, this is not in doubt.
Have you ordered Dynamic Pack on your RS3?

No real point to my post either, but I'm in complete agreement that I love my S3 too and can't see myself changing it for a long time unless circumstances force me to do so.

It does all I want of it and is just such a nice place to be for my daily commute :grinning:
I'm looking forward to speccing my new S3 in a year!

Reactions: Jassyo06
The s3 ain't cheap. It's also not very cheerful. Can only guess i'm paying a few grand for the badges:yellowrs4:
still you live and learn and dont know till you try :welcoming:

Reckon an S3 will be a similar overall cost to most truly comparable cars. My 19 months in an S3 SB the car lost just over £3k ..

Got a reasonable discount new. Specified well and dealer found a buyer..waiting for RS3