No plate light fault

chris1988brown

Reaction score
Hi guys, my rear no plate lights have stopes working, I've checked the bulbs, they are fine but I have no power at the plug on the housing for the no plate lights, does anyone know if there is a fuse for them? And if so were are the fuses lol or is there a common fault with them? Any help will be great cheers chris

The fuse box is at the end of the dash on the driver's side. Did you check the manual buddy?

Strangely the manual dosnt list a fuse for the No. plate light....in fact it dosnt even list a bulb....Its probably in circuit with something else so check for example your rear wiper motor is working as thats next to it.

The rear wiper is also workin as is the boot release next to the lights, so strange, do you think it could be a broken wire were it goes through the boot hinge?

On most cars it shares a fuse with the tail lights.

what bulbs were in there? if they were LED ones, the car wouldn't recognise a bulbs being there and cut power, which would then show that there is not a circuit going to that bulb. its a bit strange really as there wouldn't be a fuse just for the no. plate lights as its such a small object. go over your car and find if anything is not working!

I did fit LEDs n they didn't work n turned them the other way and still didn't work so what ur sayin is right I'll fit normal bulbs again and see if they work, I've checked the fuses and there is non blown but there is also non for the the side lights if they were linked but if they were then they should be off which there not, I'll try the bulbs hopfully tha will sort it, just dnt fancy gettin pulled n point for stupid little bulbs lol

cheers chris

yea give it a try mate, cos i had LEDS and they turned on for a sec obviously when car done the system check and as it found no resistance from the LED bulbs it assumed the bulbs had broken which then stops the circuit. i had to fit some resistors for it to work, i then went on ebay and brought a whole new LED no. plate light unit.

Cheers for that bud will look into them, I fit two new normal festoon buls and there still not workin:-( any other sugestions? I'm gonna trace the wires back into the car to see if there is power fitter back if so I'll run a new wire in.

Is there another fuse box other than the 1 at the right hand side of the dash? I know there is the 1 under the bonnet as well
any help would be great

Cheers chris