No more paper driving license

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Being scrapped at last

The UK paper counterpart driving licence is to be abolished from 8 June 2015. Here's what you need to know about the driving licence changes
The UK paper counterpart driving licence is to be scrapped on June 8 2015 but there remains confusion surrounding its upcoming departure.

The paper driving licence will no longer be issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) so when you renew or change your address on your licence after June 8th, only a new photocard will be sent back.

But motoring organisations are warning drivers about the problems the end of the paper licence could cause to hiring a car abroad or test driving potential new buys.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...uk-paper-driving-licence-all-you-need-to-know

As said, just make sure you have both parts to hire and car abroad or you may be stuck at the airport.

So the old original paper license that I've had for donkeys years is still to remain valid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We still have the original paper licences , in fact mine still has speeding points on it from about 20 yrs ago .

I have 3 old Licenses - including an all pink one! I've just renewed my 2-part as it expired late last year, so my counterpart is fresh, clean and tucked away in my car documents wallet for posterity. :racer:

i'm trying to change my address and think i've lost the blinking thing. typical!

Looking at the generate the code aspect for people to check your licence do you think this will hold up test drives a little?

Its holding up all sorts at the moment, especially car hire, as it wasnt really announced and now people that are wanting to hire cars etc for holidays are getting caught out and are having to have major delays whilst trying to get online and get a code for the hire car company to authorise with.

Its a real pain and the news said yesterday that the DVLA are rushing though the rulings for it to get a move on and they even admitted that they have not done it right but have to rush it due to all the issues!!!

Another fine mess!!!