Facelift No longer getting the traffic overlay on MMI

allanmb

Reaction score
I had my satnav setup sop that it showed the traffic overlay on the MMI (the overlay that shows red for busy, orange for slower than normal and green for normal). However, this has stopped showing recently. I checked MyAudi and it still says I have connect services so that *shouldn't* be the cause. Now thinking about it, I don't think I've seen the overlay since the latest map update. Has anyone else experienced this?

I put a thread up about this recently - it works in 'Traffic' view but not in 'Google Earth' view, even though it used to on the PFL model.

I believe you get a free trial for a few months, then need to pay (through the nose) for this service.

I have traffic view selected and it is not showing anything. It does show me a road-like red triangle symbol for traffic but not the full Google Maps traffic overlay :-(

I believe you get a free trial for a few months, then need to pay (through the nose) for this service.

As far as I know, I have it for 3 years since I have the tech pack plus. Also Audi Connect shows as active when I log in

When I spoke Audi Customer Services last week I asked what happens at the end on the 3 months free trial. I don't have the Audi Tech pack. They said that if I phone them when it expires they will extend it. Not sure for how long. Personally I'm not that bothered as I have a TomTom 6100 which I find much easier to use and gives me Lifetime map updates and traffic information using it's own built-in SIM card.

I had my satnav setup sop that it showed the traffic overlay on the MMI (the overlay that shows red for busy, orange for slower than normal and green for normal). However, this has stopped showing recently. I checked MyAudi and it still says I have connect services so that *shouldn't* be the cause. Now thinking about it, I don't think I've seen the overlay since the latest map update. Has anyone else experienced this?
if anyone has a pic of the coloured coded roads as mentioned above, please post them as I am still not sure if I have ever seen this on my maps! I assume you can get the above info on standard (sd) maps that/as I have?

So, it turns out that something changed with the recent update. It is no longer sufficient to just turn on the traffic mode in the maps (in fact it might not even be necessary to do that at all). There is now MMI Content options for traffic. Once I turned those on I get traffic on my normal view and in the Google Earth view too.

@mistac Here is what the extra info looks like
20170321 130759

Reactions: MikeSel^
Can you please describe where this setting lies?

I have the same exact problem... thx!