No hot air from drivers side vents

donovan2123

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have issues with the heating, the driver's side of the car air vents will not blow out hot air (only cold) even though the climate is set to the hottest temperature? Also noticed car took around 15-20minutes for the needle to get to 90 on the dash (3.2L)?

I have issues with the heating, the driver's side of the car air vents will not blow out hot air (only cold) even though the climate is set to the hottest temperature? Also noticed car took around 15-20minutes for the needle to get to 90 on the dash (3.2L)?

Almost feels like when you have the driver's side set to cold and passenger side set to hot.

Change the stat/s first see if that solves it

Reactions: donovan2123
Which stats?

I have vcds so will run some tests Sunday and see what values it's giving vs what tempature is actually blowing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Okay I'm not sure it's as bad as first thought. On my drive back I had heat but I'm not convinced it matches display, as on when it's set to 28c I'm not convinced I'm getting 28c air.

Also when my heated seats are on it feels like the heat pulses gets hot then goes off then gets hot again.

One of the many signs of an iffy thermostat is poor heating , as is the long time taken
for the gauge to hit 90.
I had an Audi 80 TDI many years ago and after several months of ownership ( car was bought in the summer ) had occasion to defrost the screen one chilly night and couldn't believe how bad the heat output was.
Changed the thermostat and heater output was vastly improved .
Changing thermostat is the first job that I'd do....
Can't comment on why your seat heating is pulsing but that's definitely not normal....

One of the many signs of an iffy thermostat is poor heating , as is the long time taken
for the gauge to hit 90.
I had an Audi 80 TDI many years ago and after several months of ownership ( car was bought in the summer ) had occasion to defrost the screen one chilly night and couldn't believe how bad the heat output was.
Changed the thermostat and heater output was vastly improved .
Changing thermostat is the first job that I'd do....
Can't comment on why your seat heating is pulsing but that's definitely not normal....
Tested and the bottom house stayed cold up until around 78-80c where it then got hot. I have noticed that accelerating hard does make heaters get warmer.

Really need someone with vcds so I can ask a couple of questions regarding measuring values etc to know what is normal

For the price of a Genuine thermostat and some coolant (presuming you’re doing it yourself) I’d still say change it.
So much depends on an efficient thermostat that it pays to eliminate the simplest things first, just because you’re getting a hot hose doesn’t mean that the ‘stat is in perfect condition, it could be intermittently sticking.