No high beam after retrofit of cruise control

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Today i fitted my cruise control kit. all's working as it should be (thanks to @phil miller) My problem now is that if i pull my stalk toward me to flash my high beam, this works fine but if i push it away to put my high beam on, it just springs back and the high beam goes off. On my original stalk if i pushed the stalk away from me it clicked and high beam stayed on.do you think my new cruise stalk may be faulty ?

Thankyou as always.

Reactions: phil miller
Hi everyone

Today i fitted my cruise control kit. all's working as it should be (thanks to @phil miller) My problem now is that if i pull my stalk toward me to flash my high beam, this works fine but if i push it away to put my high beam on, it just springs back and the high beam goes off. On my original stalk if i pushed the stalk away from me it clicked and high beam stayed on.do you think my new cruise stalk may be faulty ?

Thankyou as always.

Hmm, sounds like the stalk is faulty to me, im sure Rachels (factory fitted cruise) her main beam stalk clicks and stays in main beam position, shes out atm but will check when she gets back

You have the stalk for 2010+ cars, you need the older up to and including 2009 stalk.

Thanks guys, so i have to take it all apart again to fit the right part .... great. So TPS supplied 2 parts, 1 cruise stalk and 1 lower shroud. The shroud was the same as my original so no good and stalk is for the wrong year...:wtf: not great service, i'll be moaning down the phone on Monday and it's right across town almost an hour each way

When it was all apart and I realised they had supplied wrong shroud I looked at my original one. Very faintly on the inside there is a line so I just carefully cut it, straight down then used a fine hole cutter I already had the cut the round bottom. Can't tell it's been cut and looks perfect so the wrong lower shroud won't be swapped it'll be returned so another £40 saved.

Reactions: Sandra