No heat, low engine temp etc

Tackyplum

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. In March I had the timing belt and water pump done on my 06 A4 B7 cabriolet 2.0T. When I collected the car from the garage, the guy said he had found a water leak so had put some weld solution in. A week later, I returned it and said there was no heating and engine wasn’t reaching temp. He said something may be blocked from the leak weld so drained the system. For a while I was getting warm air from the vents but it’s now back to where it was. No warm/hot air from the vents, engine temp reaches max of 75 degrees. I’ve also got no air con although it has been confirmed that it is fully charged. I’m not returning it to the garage as I simply don’t trust him (there were no issues with car before it went in). Any suggestions as to what the cause could be?

Tbh I wonder if they drained it at all, but it's possible the weld solution has blocked the system now, as I suspect initially it had an air pocket when doing the water pump & not testing the system properly once done.

It needs the coolant purged & refilled properly, possibly if a stat was changed this maybe isn't working either.

Reactions: V6_Man and oldoiler
The thermostat could be stuck or if they have done a purge this could have disturbed some debris that is holding the stat open and not allowing the engine to reach full temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: NHN
Tbh I wonder if they drained it at all, but it's possible the weld solution has blocked the system now, as I suspect initially it had an air pocket when doing the water pump & not testing the system properly once done.

It needs the coolant purged & refilled properly, possibly if a stat was changed this maybe isn't working either.
Hi. Thanks for the quick reply and advice. I’ve read that there is a pin hole on one of the pipes that allows the system to bled. If this is so, where would I find this pipe?

The thermostat could be stuck or if they have done a purge this could have disturbed some debris that is holding the stat open and not allowing the engine to reach full temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi. How easy it to remove the stat. I don’t mind getting the spanners out but if too much has to come off in the process of getting to the stat, I will surely fail at remembering how everything goes back.