no heat in the cabin?

jimbob79

Reaction score
Hi folks,

After my over heating problem yesterday I really filled with the correct coolant however I seem to have lost all heat in the cabin?? Any suggestions would be of great help..

Cheers
Jim

Could be water pump failure.
You can check by pulling the small return pipe off the headertank, & with the engine at idle hold the return pipe over the open headertank. You should have flow, if you haven't the water pump impellor has failed.
If you have flow then you probably have an air lock.

The top heater matrix hose has a small bleed hole. If you look very carefully you'll see it. It is probably better and safer to loosen the hose with the engine cold to avoid scalding yourself and then refit it. Run the engine and get it up to temperature then slacken the hose clip whilst holding the hose with your other hand to avoid the hose shooting off it's connection to the matrix. With my car slackening the clip is sufficient to allow the air to escape but you might need to carefully ease the hose back to expose the bleed hole.
Just take some precautions ( gloves and goggles) to avoid any chance of scalding yourself.

Hope this helps dude, Mark.

Thanks Mark, that's incredibly helpful. I'll give it a go tomorrow and let u know how I get on..