No efficiency mode and drive assist

1oldaudi

Reaction score
Me again. I’ll be posting a lot whilst I get my head around all this tech in my new car

My Audi drive Select has no efficiency mode. Is that normal? I have auto comfort dynamic

Manual suggests an efficiency mode

Also on the screen between my analogue dials I can toggle through the menus and on one of the views I have audi drive assist. I have no drive assist options other than pre sense so I just get a picture of the car between two grey lines. I guess the software just puts it there regardless of options? It’s never going to do anything is it?

Cheers

Reactions: Theonenonly
Me again. I’ll be posting a lot whilst I get my head around all this tech in my new car

My Audi drive Select has no efficiency mode. Is that normal? I have auto comfort dynamic

Manual suggests an efficiency mode

Also on the screen between my analogue dials I can toggle through the menus and on one of the views I have audi drive assist. I have no drive assist options other than pre sense so I just get a picture of the car between two grey lines. I guess the software just puts it there regardless of options? It’s never going to do anything is it?

Cheers

Hi, yes comfort is our efficiency mode, I tend to drive in comfort unless I fancy a bit of fun as I find it totally changes the car.

The drive assist can be coded but without the option you get the graphic, it just doesn’t do anything, same for mine.

Reactions: 1oldaudi
I know mine is an A5 but thought the shared internals and computers.
Mine has efficiency mode and when on the assist screen it comes up with tips on how to drive more efficiently!
Like lift now for:
Junction or roundabout
On gradient going down and also some speed limit changes!

I know mine is an A5 but thought the shared internals and computers.
Mine has efficiency mode and when on the assist screen it comes up with tips on how to drive more efficiently!
Like lift now for:
Junction or roundabout
On gradient going down and also some speed limit changes!
Yep all a4s do this too regardless of options leave the screen on for a while and go for a drive and youll see the hints like when coming up to junctions as simon has said (also im pretty sure these hints show regardless of drive select mode)

Mine comes up saying not to warm up the engine whilst stationary if I start the car and don't move within like 30 seconds... Haha

Not sure but those eco modes are normally just lazy throttle maps that you can replicate with a lazy right foot anyway in other modes. Actually I find some eco modes a bit dangerous at times where you rely on reactivity from the engine and nothings happens to start with.

Agreed, I can easily obtain the quoted urban figures by careful use of the right foot and anticipating the traffic, even if set to sport mode..