No colour code....

Peter S3

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently collected my new (2nd hand) A4 but I am not able to find out what the colour is called!!
Audi have it as blue or Audi Exclusive paint finish, the my Audi app shows it as grey....
Sticker shows paint code as just a dash..

So my next thought was to see if the previous owner or if anyone knows them is a member on here??
It’s reg SE66YLN originally purchased from Glasgow Audi.

Any info appreciated.

Peter

Glasgow Audi should have records of the vehicle and any accessories that were ordered with the original sale, I would start there and see where it leads.

Audi Customer services might also be able to help if all else fails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I got a copy of the original build order from the Audi system printed by the dealer & it had everything except the colour.

Strange, even if it was a custom paint from the factory it should still have a paint code?

My old B8 A4 had a non std paint from the factory and that had a paint code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8674FB49 0FB0 45E9 90BF BBC1BAE4CD34

Only dashes for paint code...

It has likely been resprayed or wrapped. DVLA shows it as Grey.

Send us a photo of the car. It will be easier to tell.

It has likely been resprayed or wrapped. DVLA shows it as Grey.

Send us a photo of the car. It will be easier to tell.
It’s definitely the original colour, no respray or wrap, as that wouldn’t explain the no paint code.
I don’t think the colour was known when it was registered with DVLA so got a default grey....

It’s definitely the original colour, no respray or wrap, as that wouldn’t explain the no paint code.
I don’t think the colour was known when it was registered with DVLA so got a default grey....
Ah, okay. How bizarre.

So pictures please, we can then possibly help you to identify the colour... :)

Reactions: Kondax
My exclusive colour (nogaro blue) also shows no paint code. The My Audi app also shows a grey/silver S3. There is no colour code anywhere as far as I can see on the build sticker. The MyAudi app says “Audi exclusive paint finish”. Try emailing Audi customer services and ask for the paint code. It should be a 4 letter code.

customer.services@audi.co.uk

My exclusive colour (nogaro blue) also shows no paint code. The My Audi app also shows a grey/silver S3. There is no colour code anywhere as far as I can see on the build sticker. The MyAudi app says “Audi exclusive paint finish”. Try emailing Audi customer services and ask for the paint code. It should be a 4 letter code.

Thanks, all the details are same as mine everywhere then, must be standard for no paint codes if you have an exclusive finish!

Yes you are right. If you need to know your paint code email Audi Customer Service and they will confirm your paint code. From that you can work out the name of your colour, and arrange for touch up pens etc.

Let us know your colour when you find out! :)

Good news, I heard back from Audi customer services & my colour is Sepang blue pearl effect.
Thanks for everyone’s help.

Reactions: s3mad_dude
And photos of your wonderfully looking car? You know it is obligatory in this forum? ;-)

My Misano Red C7 A6 also has dashes for paint codes, and shows in the MyAudi App as 'Audi Exclusive Paint Finish'.

To date, I've never seen a pre-facelift Misano Red C7 except for a S6 on an American Forum.

Attachments

• IMG_20190522_142915_394.jpg
    IMG_20190522_142915_394.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 100